Tarot de Paris par Bertrand

yaraluna

I want one Bertrand!!!
please add me to your list for future prints. Oh, but before you do that, one question is, is the cardstock strong enough for use or are these for collecting only?

thank you!
yara

Bertrand

Hello
I'm bumping this thread to relay this announcement:
http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?p=3106933 (as this deck is more "in production" than "in progress" this thread wasn't the appropriate place to announce the decks for sale)
Sorry if there are questions I didn't answer in this thread, please don't hesitate to send me an email.

Bertrand

garmonbozia

Hi Bertrand,

I absolutely love the images of this deck. Love them. I would love to be able to buy one, but since I personally do not use majors only decks, this is really out of my price range for a deck I'd study and admire but never really use.

Have you considered expanding this to a full deck and having a modern mass printing made?
Probably unlikely you'd be interested, I know. It'd be like a dream come true, so my curiosity got the better of me and I had to ask.

Bertrand

Hello Garmonbozia

You can also buy the printed sheets only not mounted as cards ;)

The idea of making a full deck has hit me yes, but for a synthetic mini deck it looked awfully too much work and not necessary. I'd love to make a full 78 deck, but even in the size of the "triomphes de Paris", it would be extremely expensive (or an economical armageddon for me).
However if there was enough interest I might consider an industrial version - but I would need a sponsor.
I'd love to make a full time job of making cards but then I would need to be able to make a living out of it... and readings and my other activities are more adapted to that end.

So if a wealthy patron is ready to take in care of funding such a project, I would gladly carve all the "missing" 78 cards - and even make the new one a full 78 !

Making the cards on computer : I can't imagine doing that (having spent nearly 10 years doing computer graphics and having decided to completely quit that).
For instance I tried to start a "woodcut like" Lenormand on illustrator but felt so bored even before finishing the first cards that I decided to make a "Linormand" (linocut lenormand) deck (which gave me the idea of making a linormand in the style of Posada in the future).

I may try to make a smaller "industrial" version of the major only deck but I'm still not decided about it.

Thanks for your interest !

garmonbozia

For instance I tried to start a "woodcut like" Lenormand on illustrator but felt so bored even before finishing the first cards that I decided to make a "Linormand" (linocut lenormand) deck (which gave me the idea of making a linormand in the style of Posada in the future).

Have you completed a Lenormand deck before, or will this one (in the style of Posada) be your first one?

I may try to make a smaller "industrial" version of the major only deck but I'm still not decided about it.

By "smaller", do you mean with a smaller card size?

Bertrand

Have you completed a Lenormand deck before, or will this one (in the style of Posada) be your first one?
sorry for not being clear at all ! I'm in the process of making the Linormand, and the "posada style" will eventually be the next one !
By "smaller", do you mean with a smaller card size?
yes, maybe : not sure yet !

Debra

....I decided to make a "Linormand" (linocut lenormand) deck (which gave me the idea of making a linormand in the style of Posada in the future).

Did I see this? I don't remember seeing this. Did you show us your linocut lenormand? or am I confused???? :laugh:

Bertrand

Did I see this? I don't remember seeing this. Did you show us your linocut lenormand? or am I confused???? :laugh:
You aren't confused at all, I didn't show anything ot if yet !

@garmonbozia : regarding the industrial version of the majors only triomphes de Paris I am now decided, as I received a couple of samples which seem correct - so they'll be smaller in the end !
( there will be a special very low price for people who bought the handmade original version if they order from me but more about this later)

Bluefeet

A even smaller mass market edition? A mini deck sounds cool!

SolSionnach

Bertrand, I would *love* to be able to afford your deck! Unfortunately, that will have to wait for another life.

I wanted to let you know - there is something called "Kickstarter" which is a way that some people have been funding projects like this. Perhaps you could consider that, and find a way to make a more 'mass market' version of your deck. Perhaps if you took the best of your prints and had them scanned, then had it produced through Gamecrafter?

Your images are 'to die for' - a real treat for block printing/TdM fans like me. Please consider figuring out a way to make them more available to those of us who are collectors, but of limited means!