Pixie's Hidden Lenormand....

cardlady22

I found the thread, Ashtaroot! Thank you for the notice!

This is too cool! At the very least it needs to be a Sticky and reside permanently somewhere here on AT . . .

Ashtaroot

Glad you're back :love:

callistoluna

I don't own a Lenormand deck, but I would certainly love this one! Love the narrative as well! Way to go starlightexp!

starlightexp

Sigh…. It was hot out. Not the nice spring heat with a breeze, but the full on summer heat of July. Having taken a day off from trying to make sense of the Pixie cards he sat in front of his computer now searching the web for everything he could find out about her and more importantly her art. There were things in the new cards that he had never seen before and was hoping to find it among her other works. “Wow” he thought to himself there were ALOT of images here. He started to randomly print them out. He heard the wireless printer going off in the other room. Gosh he loved that thing. He sent another image from a library site to the printer as the phone rang.
“93”
“Really Tris… I know you want to just be me….”
“I tell myself that every morning in the mirror. What’s going on?”
“Been looking at the Pammy Le’mandy cards we’ve been getting and there is something else I’ve noticed about them.”
“Oh Gods, what now?”
“The lack of people on them.”
“Oh I’ve noticed that too. It’s just what the Lenormand is like. I love that about it. It’s less personal taste as to wether one thinks that the person in the card is angry or constipated. That’s one thing I get miffed about. When it’s the whole read the face game in tarot. Not that I don’t think that the people are necessary, but some people take the faces to the extreme.
“I know what you mean. I just thought it was interesting that Pixie drew so many people in her tarot that this deck is almost person free.”
“Well it’s makes it much easier to read. Have you been doing the homework The Princess gave you?”
“Kinda, you know me I hate doing work. I have been doing spreads for practice. It’s hard to get out of the tarot mindset and look at the card for what it is.”
“Ha,ha,ha yea, but it gets easier. It’s hard to think that it can be so simple to start off with, but soon you’ll get it. Then you’ll be seeing the wonder of how the cards go together like a puzzle.”
“Ya but when I look at say the Birds card and I see owls I want to think of greek gods and read things into it. It’s hard to just have a picture as just that… a picture.”
“I think that’s one thing about the Pixie cards that are different. While they still are pictures they do have some of the layered meaning that we all know and love in tarot. These ideas are just more… I don’t know… mundane.”
“Yea going from the Thoth to this is like going from a pizza with the works to just plain cheese.”
“Ahhh yes, young grasshopper, but if you have really good sauce and aged cheese everything else just gets in the way.”
“yea..yea..yea..blah..blah..blah..ginger” He loved her Far Side reference
“”Think about it, allot of the time just the smell of a vanilla candle can take you back to baking christmas cookies with mom or a birthday cake that you baked for someone you love. You don’t need to have a whole house of decorations or a video. Our brains can be unlocked very easily if we let them, and they can tune in on a very fine vibration. So if you think about it this system can make sense along side a nice fat tarot deck.”
“What you up to? Want to go visit the Princess?”
“Umm I think she’s under the weather today, but we can check. I’’m just going to grab some of Pixie’s art off my printer. You won’t believe the stuff you can find online these days.”
“Cool, bring them with”
“Will do. Call me back and let me know what’s going on...bye”
He picked up the stack of Pixie art off the printer, glad to be done with the internet for a while. He though it was his prints….. Here is what he found….

Attachments

• 2 Clover.jpg
    2 Clover.jpg
    248.5 KB · Views: 365
  • 4 The House.jpg
    4 The House.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 290
  • 23 Mice.jpg
    23 Mice.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 286

nicky

omg omg omg