Orphalese Tarot Software

Baroli

Just a thought on your laptop with XP, check your firewall. If you have XP pro, and are using say Norton Security, you might want to disable the firewall in your security system and reinstate your firewall with OS. Pro's firewall is excellent. The other on security system is good too, but you will find after a while you can't download anything because everything is firewalled out.

Baroli.

mccrary

I am running Windows 2000 (okay, shoot me) I have NET 2.0 downloaded but when installing itself it returns some blasted error that I am missing some ADM file, whatever the crap that is. I have no problem with 6.5, so unless there is a reason 7.0 is so much better, it will remain a low priority. Any reason why I should move it up, is there that much difference?

DraagonStorm

Yes, I'm interested too, is there much difference in 7.0?

DraagonStorm

Barbaras Ahajusts

Improvements

Richard had said, the one thing the final version has is "tweeks." It seems to be more highly tuned than the previous version, 6.5.

For problems, I know this addy, answers@orphalese.net, is where I will contact Richard. I will even use my CRTL + E button and save a pic of the error screen capture or whatever the problem is, to let him see what is going on.

He is so wonderful at trying to get to the bottom of any problem. For what its worth, go for the OPT 7 version. Its like comparing Windows 98 up against Windows 2000. I perfer 98 cause it has 98 percent of the bugs worked out. Just my humble opinion and I adore this program! :)

Barbara

purple_scorp

Barbaras Ahajusts said:
If any of this didn't answer any questions, Purple scorp will be able to!

Barbara
LOL Barbara, you crack me up.

mccrary said:
I am running Windows 2000 (okay, shoot me) I have NET 2.0 downloaded but when installing itself it returns some blasted error that I am missing some ADM file, whatever the crap that is. I have no problem with 6.5, so unless there is a reason 7.0 is so much better, it will remain a low priority. Any reason why I should move it up, is there that much difference?

DraagonStorm said:
Yes, I'm interested too, is there much difference in 7.0?

DraagonStorm
Hi all.

I have 7.0 installed with Windows 2000 on my home computer and am having no problems with it. By the same token, I am having problems with 7.0 and Windows 2000 on my work computer. Not so much with the installation, but with the registering of the software. I think it's a firewall problem (though I had no problem registering 6.5). I'm currently working through this issue with Richard.

Just to clarify, there are no major differences between the functionality of Orphalese 6.5 and 7.0. So, there is no real reason to upgrade to 7.0 at this stage. If 6.5 is working for you, you may as well stay with that.

Richard wanted to rewrite Orphalese to work with NET Framework 2.0, and that's why he released version 7.0. It opens up some new pathways for him and the future of the software.

Now, you will need to install NET Framework 2.0 if you want to install Orphalese 7.0, or future versions of the Orphalese software. NET Framework 2.0 can happily co-exist on the same computer as 1.0. I don't recall having difficulty downloading 2.0. This is free Microsoft Software so there should be a variety of websites where you can download this from.

Hope this helps to clarify some of your questions. :)

BTW - I'm on holidays at the moment, so I'm not popping into AT as regularly as I was.

with love
purple_scorp

redflash

I have to say I love this program, its lotsa fun ! Nice to have a good look at the decks in detail, also some interesting spreads to download. Actually having the deck in your hands is better of course.

Has anyone here had problems with the editing of card notes? I can't put my own notes on, it just will NOT let me, the box is greyed out & won't let me add anything to it. I put a post on the forum but they can't think what's wrong with it.

x

Scion

Hey Redflash,

Have you registered your software? If you aren't a registered users not all of the functionality is available to you...

Scion

mccrary

purple_scorp Just to clarify said:
Thanks very much for the advice. I plan on getting a whole new computer from Santa so I will worry about it then. I do love this software and the way you can make your own spreads!!

Kaworito

Scion said:
Hey Redflash,

Have you registered your software? If you aren't a registered users not all of the functionality is available to you...

Scion

And if you're going to register the software, please please let me know...

purple_scorp

redflash said:
I have to say I love this program, its lotsa fun ! Nice to have a good look at the decks in detail, also some interesting spreads to download. Actually having the deck in your hands is better of course.

Has anyone here had problems with the editing of card notes? I can't put my own notes on, it just will NOT let me, the box is greyed out & won't let me add anything to it. I put a post on the forum but they can't think what's wrong with it.

x
Hey redflash, there is a tickbox in the Notes that must be ticked to allow you to edit them. It wasn't that, was it???? I am not somewhere where I have a copy of the program right now, so I can't give you step-by-step instructions. From memory, I think the tickbox is at the bottom of the Notes screen.

with love
purple_scorp