Downloadable Tarot Journal?!?!

Little Baron

Have just downloaded the TDiary ... like it's simplicity and think it is going to be great for saving readings and daily draws.

Thanks

LB

Milfoil

Cool - glad I've done something right this weekend . . . .;)

Tarot Galadriel

LifeJournal 2

Well I downloaded the Life Journal, and it is BRILLIANT. I even went and bought the full version, worth every penny.

Read on for some ideas of its great functions, perfect for tarot readings .....

has a very sophisicated userbility and I adore it. You can keep it all so organized with different categories, life events, videos, pictures, audio files.

I love the Quotes and Prompts facilities too. This is one amazing journal, my fav out of all recommended here, i downloaded and tried them all, this was the only one that did the layouts and inserts images in the way I wanted them. I can lay out all my tarot readings into the spread positions and it all looks great. When I print them out, it all appears as it looked in the spread, fab !! i wasn't keen on seperate image sections in TDiary.

You can have multiple users and different types of journal too. And you can give each reading or entry categories, making them esy to find later. I have sections within its own tarot section, for 3 card readings, celtic cross, daily spreads etc, so when I want to see all my 3 card spreads i can look up only those.

You can use the pulse diary to keep track of various things on a chart, I use mine to track how many majors, wands, cups, swords and pentacles I get each day, great to track over time how the card suits rise and fall in your life !!!

LifeJournal 2 is highly recommended.

Elizabeth Genco

WolfyJames said:
The software I use is TreeDBNotes Free, a tree-structure notebook, where you can put images and many things in it. I really love it and all my tarot notes, runes notes, Petit LeNormand notes, sibilla notes, Book of Shadows notes are in there. There are nice icons and all with it with tabs so you can add them to titles. The updated version is a Pro version but this one is an old free version. You can put a password to your files as well, the files get encrypted then. I tried the Pro version, beside more icons, and added features like passwords keeper and contacts keeper, the free version has the essentials that I need. I've tried many similar softwares and this is the best freeware one I found.

http://www.softviewer.com/treedbnotes/free_index.htm

If something like this existed for OS X, I'd definitely experiment (though I'm very much at home with the paper journals). Anyone?

OakDragon

Fellow Mac fans,

I have been following this thread, as I have been thinking of starting a tarot journal to help me keep my hand in tarot regularly, so to speak. As I was Googling around for other options, I stumbled upon the page of the original developer of MacJournal: http://homepage.mac.com/dschimpf/

While development of versions 3.0 or later ($25) have apparently been taken over by Mariner Software, versions 2.6.1 and earlier are still available on the original developer's site for download as freeware. :)

I'm trying out MacJournal 2.6.1 and it seems quite nice. :)

Rita

Yes the one feature I didn't like about T Diary is that the imagery is separate from the text part. I think I might have a look at the LifeJournal. Thanks for the recommendation .. I'll post what I think about it after I d/l it. Sounds perfect though!

Rita

jmd

Thankyou Oakdragon for this addition - I now have both LiveJournal and MacJournal, and though I will no doubt use either much, I will see which I prefer for my own usage.

One of the items I liked about LiveJournal (iJournal) is its option to automatically update the online version, and maintain either privacy, semi-privacy or public domain entries.

However, MacJournal seems like an excellent means of also preparing, for example, a book.

wildchilde

Back for my review...

I have tested both TDiary and TreeDBNotes (Free Ed.). I took a look at all the different ones mentioned, but these were the only two that appeared to meet the needs that I wanted to fill with this type of program...i.e. not just looking in regards to a Tarot Journal, but also class work assignments and research, business use, etc.

Of the two, my vote is for TreeDBNotes. I am in love with this program. I found it much more comprehensive and versatile than what TDiary offers. I like the look of TDiary, but found 'TNotes' to be much easier to use and search through. And of course also like the fact that you can insert your photos, etc directly into the program.

So, that is my thoughts on these two programs. If you are enjoying TDiary, I recommend also testing out the free version of TreeDBNotes to see how they compare for your needs! Thanks again, everyone, for all these great suggestions!

Emily

Hi wildchilde,

I'm also using TreeDBnotes Free - its hard to believe that such a complex database programme is free. It is everything I was looking for and not just for my tarot notes either - I also think the password function is a nice touch. :)

WolfyJames

I'm glad you all love TreeDBNotes as well. I love this application very much. I always want the best for free and when I want a certain application, I can try a dozen applications and test them all and check all features. I've tried some sharewares too, but many many times, freewares are just better (and open-source). People are fooled by the prices and believe that sharewares have to be better than freewares, not only it ain't true, it's even the opposite. Once, I tried a shareware and it was so crap (the worst I've ever seen) I was insulted to see the developer requesting 20$US for the full version. My advice: always try the freewares first.