Tarot of Prague large LE

Anise

A thing showed up on my facebook feed from Baba Studio this morning. I thought it would be about their 2016 walking tour, and it was…but they also asked if there was any interest in a large format printing of the Tarot of Prague. I’ve always been mildly intrigued by the ToP, but I’m more invested in giant tarot decks and will happily encourage the creation of more of them! It looks like if they go ahead with this, they would print 500 and release 400 to the public.

Alta

Interesting idea, I like the deck itself but I'm not actually a fan of giant decks. Could be cool. Maybe they got the idea from the popularity of the recent larger sized Alice deck.

Nica

I think it's a wonderful idea, and will be getting a copy most likely.

MoonGypsy

i would rather see them print another edition of the original set with the wonderful companion book.

And one that wouldn't break the bank...so it will be affordable to more people...

mydearruby

someone in FB suggested a newly designed Prague major arcana and I will vote for that, or at least some minor changes? Though the original edition is already near perfection.

gregory

I think it's a wonderful idea, and will be getting a copy most likely.
Nice idea but not one I'd buy. Like MoonGypsy, I'd rather they reissued with the book. (And this isn't a gripe - I already have it - with the book. But many want it, and a large format one wouldn't be what those people were looking for.)

Annabelle

The original edition in the binder-style folder with the book was MAGNIFICENT in every way.

But heck yes, I would love to buy a large-format limited edition copy of the Tarot of Prague. Without doubt, yes, I'm interested.

It's a bit aside the point of this thread, but as others have mentioned, it would also be lovely if they re-released the companion book. As companion books go, it's one of the best I've ever read.

Owl Song

i would rather see them print another edition of the original set with the wonderful companion book.

And one that wouldn't break the bank...so it will be affordable to more people...

I completely agree. I would love to see ToP reprinted with the original companion book and bearing an affordable price tag.

swedishfish612

I'm torn. I have a copy of this gorgeous deck, so I would surely be tempted by a large version. But I don't actually read with larger decks, so unless it was quite affordable, I probably wouldn't buy it.

All in all, I'd love another copy of the regular sized deck, so I won't handle mine with kid gloves!