sharing your trade secrets with a local professional

divinerofcards

Hey Everyone,

Can we play with a hypothetical here?

Lets say that you recently had a very creative and quite successful promotion that has never been done in your city. It went really well and a colleague who does angel cards found out through a mutual contact about your promotion, you are both local and read out of office space that is very close to one another. She has been in the business for awhile while you became professional less than 6 mo. ago.

This person cold calls you (you have never met her) and she leaves a VM starting out with some reason to contact you that has to do with the mutual contact but then asks to know about what you did for this promotion that she heard about through the mutual friend.

What would you do? How would you respond? Thanks!

Q:
After seeing all the other options posted and giving them consideration if I was in this situation, I will say that should you choose to meet with this person, do so fully grounded and confident. Fill yourself with energy and compassion.

The fact is that there are a lot of readers and although we do similar things, we are all individuals who bring our unique talents to HOW we do what we do. Whoever this is, they already feel at a disadvantage where it comes to you. I could not do what this person did, as I believe it is kinda rude. On the other hand, you don't - as Tarotbear says - owe them anything.

Should you meet this person, make sure the sharing of information is mutual. If you give anything up, get something back too. Exude good energy towards them - and keep the situation non-emotional. Even though the promotion you did is available to anyone (and if they were really interested in that they could find this information themselves...) it seems to me they are really more interested in you. You have credentials they likely don't have, so don't worry about being copied.

Rambling a bit, hope you're picking up what I'm throwing down, Q.

Take care,
Toni

Tarotiana

called 2 newspapers, send them my press release about the medieval fair promoting me. Added 2 fotos so they have a nice foto to go with the article, also invited them to my tent for a free reading. - Let us see what happens :)

QofWands

thanks!

Thank you everyone for your earnest, thoughtful replies as they are very helpful. I think sometimes I am too nice and give things away that I should not. There is another reader in the are who has been in this work for 20 years, I met with her and I gave her a reading (she has not as of yet deemed to reciprocate) I gave her two jobs, one I needed a partner in and another I had that was conflicting with something else. I am still waiting to see if my efforts will create a true partnership of sorts... so that was my first experience and i have been a little gun shy ever since. To those of you who could see the meaning and intent behind my OP and meet that with your help and prespective I am grateful.

Cathyg09139

Hey Everyone,

Can we play with a hypothetical here?

Lets say that you recently had a very creative and quite successful promotion that has never been done in your city. It went really well and a colleague who does angel cards found out through a mutual contact about your promotion, you are both local and read out of office space that is very close to one another. She has been in the business for awhile while you became professional less than 6 mo. ago.

This person cold calls you (you have never met her) and she leaves a VM starting out with some reason to contact you that has to do with the mutual contact but then asks to know about what you did for this promotion that she heard about through the mutual friend.

What would you do? How would you respond? Thanks!

I would use the cards to identify her motivation, ask for guidance, and act accordingly; after all this is what we do right? IMHO...most people are competitive by nature and when the competition gets ahead even by a hair, weak hearts get nervous and shrivel. It would be another story had you talked, and got along on some level where you can exchange ideas, but contacting out of the blue, over vm?? shrivel, shrivel, shrrrivel... Unfortunately I have learned these lessons the hard way with too many people, I mean why can't we all just get along right??... nope, no matter how nice you are, or open... ESPECIALLY with awesome never done before city promos!! Good for you by the way! As for the other reader with 20 years of experience, have no doubt she was trying your talent, perhaps you can agree on a mutual reading beforehand next time:l, it's a crummy feeling.

QofWands

great advice

Cathy that is really good advice. Its strange because the person who told her and set her on this path is the woman massage therapist who owns the office we both rent out of. I have had this massage therapist email me 3 times asking me to contact the other woman to tell her what my promotion was.

I do not understand why she has involved herself... and that she keeps requesting tells me that the angel card reader is going back to her saying, "I have not heard from Jenna about this yet..." I think it is strange to push a go between and again heightens my feeling of manipulation or as you said...heart shrivel. It also makes me wonder about their relationship. You are right. i need to do the cards about this (but i really find reading for myself very, very difficult). I don't want to also rock the boat and have them ask me to leave this awesome office i am renting!

what to do... what to do...

I would use the cards to identify her motivation, ask for guidance, and act accordingly; after all this is what we do right? IMHO...most people are competitive by nature and when the competition gets ahead even by a hair, weak hearts get nervous and shrivel. It would be another story had you talked, and got along on some level where you can exchange ideas, but contacting out of the blue, over vm?? shrivel, shrivel, shrrrivel... Unfortunately I have learned these lessons the hard way with too many people, I mean why can't we all just get along right??... nope, no matter how nice you are, or open... ESPECIALLY with awesome never done before city promos!! Good for you by the way! As for the other reader with 20 years of experience, have no doubt she was trying your talent, perhaps you can agree on a mutual reading beforehand next time:l, it's a crummy feeling.

tarotbear

Wow! This has evolved from 'someone wanting to ask a few questions' :) to suddenly 'someone with evil ulterior motives'! }) LOL!!!!

Chill out; step back 2 steps; do a reading about it and see what it says. :p

zannamarie

Cathy that is really good advice. Its strange because the person who told her and set her on this path is the woman massage therapist who owns the office we both rent out of. I have had this massage therapist email me 3 times asking me to contact the other woman to tell her what my promotion was.

I do not understand why she has involved herself... and that she keeps requesting tells me that the angel card reader is going back to her saying, "I have not heard from Jenna about this yet..." I think it is strange to push a go between and again heightens my feeling of manipulation or as you said...heart shrivel. It also makes me wonder about their relationship. You are right. i need to do the cards about this (but i really find reading for myself very, very difficult). I don't want to also rock the boat and have them ask me to leave this awesome office i am renting!

what to do... what to do...
I presume the person who owns the office is the one to whom both you and the angel reader pay rent. It may be you are a "better" tenant with regards to paying the rent and it could be the owner who suggested to the angel reader (who might be using the excuse she can't pay because business isn't doing so well) to go ask you about your promotion.

Just an idea.

QofWands

um

Wow! This has evolved from 'someone wanting to ask a few questions' :) to suddenly 'someone with evil ulterior motives'! }) LOL!!!!

Chill out; step back 2 steps; do a reading about it and see what it says. :p

oh trust me I am very chilled... its the ongoing requests that seem to be getting every more aggressive that is interesting.

Grizabella

Well, it just seems possible to me that the angel reader, being a tenant longer, might be a friend of the person you rent from and she's just very curious about your promotion but doesn't want to seem to be all that interested so she puts her friend up to it. Nothing cloak and dagger there that I can see or sense. We've all still got remnants of our junior high school modus operandi lurking in our characters, after all. "See that cute guy over there? Go ask him if he likes me." type of thinking and doing, you know.