9 of wands

archer1

Where to begin? I have always thought of the 9 of wands as someone who is ready to defend his/her belief or position.
But it seems as thought in this deck the person is come to a blockage of something they are refusing to deal with. Which is it?

Thenameis

Hello.
From what I have learned, the nine of wands represents having the strength and experience to face some difficulties. The caracter is depicted in some deck as being wounded but he also have acquired a great deal of experience from his ordeal. However, I also noted in my notebook that it could represente a defense mechanisme (psychologically speaking). When those are first put in place they are intended to protect but eventually they can become outdated, no longer needed but they remain in place and they may very well become blockage.
Thenameis

archer1

Thank you..

bluecaffeine

nine of wands

I understand the nine of wands as having a last bit of energy and overcome illness. Not long ago I noticed that this worked. I had had tooth-surgery and I had layed cards for a week. On positition 5 there was the nine of wands and exactly on day 5 my aches disappeared totally. No joke!