Picatrix Tarot - by La Force

frejasphere

Inspirational :) I am looking forward to your next updates :)

Richard

Wow La Force! Very impressive. You've so much energy, you will manage it!

I'm thinking about your 3 of swords. It's not the same meaning like the RWS has. It's a bit a risk (if you want to sell later) to go far away of the RWS meanings. Unless you have a really good thought out system of the numerology (the meaning the particular number has for you). It's only my opinion, but wanted to let you know because I wish you wholeheartedly success! :heart:

In line with what Gulliver wrote.... It is possible that some of the Picatrix sections could have been transposed or otherwise altered, which is why the Golden Dawn "corrected" or, in your words, "got wrong" some of what we have in the known manuscripts. The Picatrix is an impressive document, but the form in which we have it may not be absolutely accurate.

Keep on with the good work. I just thought you should know some of the objections which may come up later. It is a very interesting and ambitious project. You are a very fine artist, La Force.

Metafizzypop

I actually think the outline sketch of the man on the donkey looks much more promising than your earlier work. While the earlier drawings are technically accomplished, they seem to lack emotion - or the kind of emotional resonance that I would be looking for in a drawing. Keep at it! I think this is going to be a great project.

That's pretty much what I was thinking. I like the newer stuff better too, at least, for a tarot deck.

La Force

Well, I am seriously rethinking this, you have made valid points.

Also, I am thinking of going digital, with drawing pen, graphic tablet. Why cause, I wreaked my outline drawing, when I was shading it in, make a mistake, erase, shade, erase, shade again, till you get thinned or holy paper. :(

I go digital, all I will have to do when I screw up, is click on "Undo", without wreaking the drawing.

However at this time I done have the money to buy a Digital graphic Pen tablet :(

So the deck has gone out the window. When I get the tablet then I will draw up a deck, that is not the Picatrix, cause this is really going out on a limb. I feel that, I may stay with the GD system, not Waite, hehe, Sound good

frejasphere

Well, I am seriously rethinking this, you have made valid points.

Also, I am thinking of going digital, with drawing pen, graphic tablet. Why cause, I wreaked my outline drawing, when I was shading it in, make a mistake, erase, shade, erase, shade again, till you get thinned or holy paper. :(

I go digital, all I will have to do when I screw up, is click on "Undo", without wreaking the drawing.

However at this time I done have the money to buy a Digital graphic Pen tablet :(

So the deck has gone out the window. When I get the tablet then I will draw up a deck, that is not the Picatrix, cause this is really going out on a limb. I feel that, I may stay with the GD system, not Waite, hehe, Sound good

Rethinking is good as long as it is doesn't mean shelving your idea :) Perhaps one 'in-between' way would be to use vellum or tracing paper... If you start with your outline and then trace the next layer over the top... you can work on many layers, like a collage but different, and have paper without holes :)

Budget is definitely an issue when it comes to graphics tablet/pen... you can usually pick up the smaller Wacom Intuos (or older Bamboo) for less than $100 - still an outlay, I know, but maybe an option? ...

Gulliver

Oh please, La Force, go on with your work! It's such a great idea! And you have so many supporters just in this moment here - it would be fantastic, I think. We love to support you and you are so talented!! Don't give up because of holy paper! Take a new sheet and draw again.