Animal/Nature Tarot

hereeternally

Thank you!! I'm trying to chug along with these.. it's pretty tiring!

The High Priestess is a bit up in the air. Right now in the running is the giraffe, owl, or possibly turtle. It's hard to decide!

Padma

Thank you!! I'm trying to chug along with these.. it's pretty tiring!

The High Priestess is a bit up in the air. Right now in the running is the giraffe, owl, or possibly turtle. It's hard to decide!

I can see why it would be difficult to choose - any of those three would make a wonderful high priestess :) I am sure you will choose the right one for your deck! ♥

Milfoil

Very beautiful, reminds me of a friend.

truelighth

They are gorgeous! I love the little chipmunk, so cute. All the cards are just great! :thumbsup:

Bhavana

Oh, I just love this deck, and your work! The llama as fool is excellent, not just your painting, but also because llamas can be so funny, they are such characters - a little silly, a little foolish!!

Can't wait till this is a full deck....

Topsy

Beautiful, creative and charming. I've loved every card so far, but I think my favourite is the Ace of Pentacles, closely followed by the Moon. You have a lot of talent. :)

It's interesting how taking away the human element can subtly change some cards, for example the Chariot. In traditional imagery for this card, the human charioteer is the focus, rather than the horses pulling the chariot. So the card is usually interpreted from the charioteer's perspective - struggling to stay in control of a situation, etc.

Portraying the Chariot as a wild horse puts a different slant on the card. While the traditional charioteer is reliant on the obedience of the reined horses to get where he/she needs to go, the wild horse can take herself anywhere at whatever pace she chooses. She is in control, but the challenge for her is to stay focussed. She is barrelling along but seems to have been distracted by something and is turning her head to look. So often, we resent being controlled by others but when we finally gain our independence we change our mind about where we wanted to go after all.

Ok, perhaps I'm reading far too much into the image there, haha! XD Just my individual take on the card. But seriously, this is beautiful, beautiful stuff. Please keep the pictures coming.

ETA: Oh, and I simply must ask... Was the 6 of Cups intended to be reminiscent of Bambi and Faline? Whether intentional or not, I can't think of a better picture for this card! It really embodies the fond memories and sweetness of childhood. :)

Fly My Pretty

Such beautiful art work, really impressed by these :)
I almost wish it was an actual deck, I would snap these up in a heartbeat, Keep up the great work :thumbsup: