21 Ways To Read A Tarot Card -- step TWO

llunnacee

Step TWO: Page of Pentacles, Gilded Tarot

I stand out on the balcony of my parents estate that overlooks a vast expanse of open ground leading to the sea. The air is cool with a slight breeze infused with the scent of saltwater, freshly cut grass, and the thick perfume of flowers. It drifts across my sweat dampened face, granting me a momentary reprieve from within the sweltering confines of my formal attire.

From behind the protective cover of a towering magnolia tree I am able to comfortably observe the flurry of activity out upon the grounds without being readily seen. I watch as strapping men set up the playing field and designate specific areas for competitors with slender stakes and brightly colored ribbons.

I feel the weight of my shield in my hands and purposefully dangle it from a single finger. It's opulent design and surprising lightness cleverly disguised its impenetrable purpose.

I inhaled deeply through my nose and absorbed calmness from all around me. I had been preparing for a long, long time - practicing at every opportunity, perfecting my reflexes and concocting endless scenarios from which I'd developed elaborate strategies... I was finally ready to test my skills against equally matched opponents and present myself to the world. I will remain focused and vigilant. I will consistently seek out greater challenges to my experience.

Myriad, my charismatic (and disgustingly pompous) companion quieted his incessant chatter to momentarily appraise me. His gaze was intense but quietly approving. I offered him a faint nod in acknowledgment and returned my attention to the gathering crowd across the grounds.

It was time. My hour had arrived. I must set off to meet it.

robstanley1

21 Ways to read a Tarot card

STEP 2 - GILDED TAROT NINE OF WANDS

It's been a long day - and an even longer journey. I've had to set down eight of my nine wands for now, but have done so with great care, pushing each into the soft grass, and ensuring that none will fall.

That done, I've taken the opportunity to have a very brief rest...of sorts, anyway. I crouch down for a moment or two, using my remaining wand to steady myself, and briefly close my eyes, reflecting upon my tremendous journey so far, and trying not to think about how far I still have to travel.

Behind me, I feel a coolness, as the sun continues to sink towards the horizon, whilst - in a nearby tangle of Ivy - I can hear the scurry of a curious beetle.

I maintain my position for just a moment or two, still ever-ready to protect my precious cargo, but relishing the smell of the closeness of the damp grass beneath my now-bootless feet.

The gentle breeze drops, and I take a deep breath as I try to regain my focus enough to contemplate the upcoming final leg of my journey.

Thorn

Step 2: Fairy Tarot - The 3 of Leaves (Swords)

My chosen card is the The 3 of Leaves from the Fairy Tarot.

I am a fallen mushroom. Upon me sits a young (male) fairy that has just had his heart broken. I not only feel his heavy weight, but his emotional pain as well. He is trembling, I hear his quiet, painful breaths and feel his steady flow of tears as they fall upon my stalk. I ache for him with him and hope that my cap will offer some sort of protection and comfort to him through is sorrow.

As much as I feel the physical weight of his grief, I also notice, to the right of my cap, a young (female) fairy drifting away from him. Though she seems to want to fade away, I can see her as she turns her face to look back at him. Thought she is the reason for his heartache, I see that a look of concern and compasion on her face.

I sense that there are deep feelings between the two of them, but for reasons unknown to me, she felt that it was best to break off the relationship that the two of them shared.

I feel a hopelessness for them both. She seems to be quietly, flying and fading away from him, but with pause. And he doesn't have the ability to go after her, for he does not have wings to do so.

It is a very sad day. Even the cluster of four leaf clovers that are usually vibrant with color and offer their gift of luck and good fortune, appear to be grey and somber as they look upon the three of us.

A day of lost love and broken dreams, with the knowledge that it was just not meant to be...

vanity

21 Ways-Step 2

A young woman with a short hairstyle, black/brown in color stands leaning onto a sandy yellow cat that is sitting on his haunches. They're almost the same height. The Queen of Wands is wearing a crimson colored dress that ends just above her knees, and there is a green colored eye on the torso of the dress. She has on a hat that is a bit like an umbrella hat except the stem is like a tiny tree's, and the tip balloons out with red and gold leaves and tiny berries. She holds up a golden staff that ends with a sunflower, but below that on the staff is a diamond-shaped cat head, though it personally reminds me of a lion and his mane.

They're surrounded by buttercups and sunflowers, all of them the summer-variety type (somewhat dry, crispy). On one of the wispy stalks is a winged snail.

The feline (the Queen's companion) has numerous tattoos on his body. A green star, a blue star, a pale red swirl are but few that adorn him. On his head is an antenna-like staff attached to his skull. It's topped off with a large eye. The feline's eyes are also green. One of the sunflowers has a star on the inside, and a buttercup has a heart.

----

She's sure of her place in the world. She knows that if she asks for something, she'll get it, just because she dared to speak out. She holds her staff aloft showing off her power and her sureness. Her smile is small but confident.

The cat companion is wry and dry and sarcastic, but coldly calm and there to support the Queen when she needs him.

The winged snail takes no notice as he goes along his own way.

----

"There's something I didn't like about the Queen of Swords," she contemplated, her voice naturally loud. "She seemed pretty stuck up. I didn't like how she acted as if she were better than me, either."

The cat blinked, stalking beside the red dress clad girl. He wasn't going to be in front of her to push aside all the sunflowers and buttercups and leaves and plants by himself. No way. "I am sure she never meant to come across that way. That is just how she is. Some people aren't extremely observant about hierarchy."

The Queen of Wands huffed, stabbing her staff into the dry dirt as they made their way through the lengthy stalks. She was used to the cat not making it easier for her to make her own way. They did it together -- always. "She needs to realize her place. The Queen of Pentacles and Cups too," she paused briefly in her speech, tilting her head towards the clear blue sky. "Come to think of it, Cups and Pentacles are way easier to get along with. Pentacles can get a little boring and Cups can get a little too dramatic, but I'd rather deal with them than Swords."
As far as she was concerned, Swords was her archenemy.

"You'll accept that eventually," he murmured knowingly. His ears snapped forward as he stopped, circling in front of Wands before sitting on his rump looking behind them. "What is that I hear?"

She casually leaned onto his hunched back, and held up her staff, smiling slightly. She was completely at ease and showed no fear. "Whoever it is, let's ask them to join us."

alice_addams

21 Ways-Step 2

Tarot of the Dead--The Star

I have come to this mountain stream by following my guiding star, which has only become visible in the darkest night. I kneel upon the creekbed and feel the connection with Earth. The whispering brook soothes me. A messenger bird has navigated the winds to accompany me in my reverie. As I pour liquid from my vessels, I can feel energy like fire starting to flow through me. I have become a conduit for this cosmic force: I send the necessary energy to complete its purpose. That which is not needed returns to the Source.

dadsnook2000

For alice_addams

An evocative description that enlarges the visual meaning of the card using only a few words. Nicely stated, and welcome. Dave

Joon

21 Ways - Step Two

Step Two: Whispering Tarot, The Emperor
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_sLB9XnEWDNU/SX0z7AUrHNI/AAAAAAAAAE4/doCm2lZsrpw/s200/whisperEmperor.JPG

I have come out to this grassy hillside in order to clear my mind and breathe the fresh air, and above all to be alone so that I can think and study quietly for a while.

My decorative wooden throne is quite comfortable and I am sitting in an open posture, my shoulders relaxed, right arm resting on right thigh, right foot square on the ground. In my left hand I hold a scepter with a ram's head atop. My left foot rests on the globe and book that I brought with me. After I have rested my mind for a few minutes, I will take them up and study out the best solution to my trade negotiations within my empire.

I see rolling green grassy hills as I look to the horizon. There are scattered groups of oak trees. One of the goats became curious as I made my way to this spot -- I know he is here somewhere, though I don't hear him grazing just now.

I sit, head erect beneath my crown, simply dressed in orange singlet, red tights, and laced leather boots; the arm and wrist bands are the only jewelry I wear. ... And, oh yes, I proudly wear a gift from my consort: a decorative oak leaf on my cod piece.

PaulTina

21 Ways - Step Two

The Gilded Tarot – Five of Wands

Part One:

Five men with wands scuffle with each other in a grassy field; the grass is calf high and a rich green in colour. Each man has a jerkin, tights and boots on, the jerkins are purple, dark, mid and light brown and emerald in colour, the tights are green, blue, purple, brown and emerald. The boots are soft leather hidden in part by the long grass. There are two field mice running along a fallen tree trunk, plus two orange and black butterflies flitting around tall grasses and flowers at the bottom of the image. The sky behind the men shows purple and cream clouds above an outline of a range of distant purple mountains. There is a small copse of different green leafed trees showing top left and right of the image.

Part Two

I am with a group of five colleagues/friends/family having a heated exchange of different ideas, and viewpoints (symbolised by the wands) on issues that are important to us all. The energetic discussion is taking place in a grassy field by a small copse of different green leafed trees in the late afternoon; the day light is slowly disappearing behind a distant mountain range causing some shadows to be cast across the field. We are all so heated in our exchanges that we physically demonstrate towards one another to emphasise our own particular idea or viewpoint. All this physical activity sends the local field mice, and butterflies off in all directions.

dadsnook2000

For PaulTina

It may be the two mice and two butterflies who provide a clue to the nature of the strife that is so evident in this card --- the mice representing physical grounding and practicality, the butterflies representing words, thoughts, ideas.
Conflict in this case might be lessened if a practical solution could be artfully expressed.

On the other hand, one's ideas about how to manage something practical could be at the heart of the conflict. Which way are the mice and the butterflies moveing --- away from each other, in the same direction, or a cross purposes?

The great thing about the book, as all will discover, is that it trains you to think deeply and to observe everything in the card, between the cards, around those reading the cards. Have fun. Dave

The Guided Hermit

Step 2--The Root of Asia--The Moon

I float in the night waters, in a sea of whispered ripples. My eyes are closed as moonlight falls over my face. My ears dip into the water; I hear the wash of water against my head. The water curls about my throat and chin. Through my nose, I breathe in the night air and the moonlight; it fills my thoughts, my lungs.

Languid, I drift, mindless.