The Spiral Tarot

Cerulean

I traded the deck and book--great set

I didn't replace this great set because I decided to wait for the new one by her and an astrologer called the Celestial.

If that one doesn't work, I'll go back to the old set...it's a beautiful deck and book...her paintings are very evocative of darker, yet dreamy images.

Regards,

Cerulean

littlehermit

I love my Spiral - it was my first deck and still my most reliable and accurate deck. My Goddess deck can be a little too gentle at times (and some of the choices for the Majors really throw me), and I'm still getting to know my Hadar.

Oh, let me just state here in defense of the much-maligned Five of Cups, who has been accused in other threads of having facial hair - she does NOT have a mustache!

Looking from the nose down:
Top dark line = upper lip
Slightly lighter line below it = lower lip
Thin white line between = teeth
Curve below that = chin
NO MUSTACHE.

So please do not go around painting out the poor woman's upper lip. She has enough problems. ;)

I don't actually mind at all the difference between the majors and the minors. It just drives home the point that minors are everyday and majors aren't... and when majors come up in a reading they get noticed and listened to.

Emily

What a difference two years makes :) - I'd forgotten just how I loved this deck but I did move on from it, not through choice but because my readings started to get unclear until I found I couldn't use this deck like I wanted to.

It did start me off on a love of myth and legends though, the book to this deck is really worth having. :)

Kay Steventon

Spiral Tarot

Dear Readers of the Spiral Tarot, I feel I need to explain the visual differences between the Majors and the Minors in the Spiral.
I see the Majors as beyond the every-day experience of us as mere humans, they are the archetypes who belong to the collective unconscious, therefore, the cards are more detailed and complicated. Whereas, the Minors, do speak of every-day experience, they describe events and things we do from day-to-day. The Spiral Minors depict late 1800's appearence in honour of my grandmother's birthday, she,amongest other things, taught me the mysteries of the Tarot .
Kay Steventon, creator of the Spiral Tarot

BlueLotus

Re: Spiral Tarot

Kay Steventon said:
Dear Readers of the Spiral Tarot, I feel I need to explain the visual differences between the Majors and the Minors in the Spiral.
I see the Majors as beyond the every-day experience of us as mere humans, they are the archetypes who belong to the collective unconscious, therefore, the cards are more detailed and complicated. Whereas, the Minors, do speak of every-day experience, they describe events and things we do from day-to-day. The Spiral Minors depict late 1800's appearence in honour of my grandmother's birthday, she,amongest other things, taught me the mysteries of the Tarot .
Kay Steventon, creator of the Spiral Tarot

Thank you for your comments. I had always thought of the Spiral Tarot as a unique deck.
It had remained my most ever favorite deck, since I bought it a year ago. It is good to see you posting here, and I am yet to aquire your other deck , hopefully, soon.

Major Tom

Kay Steventon - I want to echo the thanks. Thanks for taking the time and effort required to register and respond. :)

I'd always suspected that was the reason for the differences between the majors and minors in the Spiral, but it is very nice to have my suspicision confirmed by the creator. The differences always seemed very natural to me and my battered Spiral is my main reading deck.

I do hope we can convince you to stick around and join in with our various discussions. Folks on the Tarot Deck Creation board could in particular, but not exclusively, benefit from your experience. There is a wide variety of discussions going on here and something is bound to interest you as well.

Thanks again.

Imagemaker

The Spiral is one of my favorite decks, partly because the majors and minors have a different feel, mostly because of the strong colors. I always get clear readings from the deck.

What a delight to have the artist join AT. Welcome, Kay!

Ruby7

I just got this deck and am very happy with it. So many times I am disappointed in a deck and definitely not this time. It has been on my wish list for a while and i was always put off by reviews mentioning the difference between the majors and minors. Having been disappointed with other decks where the artist does not seem to have put the same effort into the minors as they did for the major cards I held back on getting this deck.

I like the difference between the majors and minors. The artwork in the minors has just as much thought and effort put into it but is a different style emphasizing every day events.

I am getting some great readings with this deck and am just so thrilled with it.

Ruby7

edited to add: I got the deck and book set and am liking the book also.

Chronata

Happy Synchronicity!

I am new to the Spiral.

It was a wonderful gift from the very generous Contrascarpe, and other than using it once to assure myself that I would get a seat on a standby flight, it has been sitting in my bookcase...
waiting...

That is...until yesterday, which is the first time I took it out, and used it for a reading for a friend.

What an extraordinary little deck this is! Just enough Rider-Waiteish symbolism to make me happy...but just different enough for really great intuitive readings.

And the artwork is really really lovely. Something I can very easily relate to.

So, put me there in that club of Spiral Lovers!
I'm sold!

Ruby7

Re: Happy Synchronicity!

Chronata said:
What an extraordinary little deck this is! Just enough Rider-Waiteish symbolism to make me happy...but just different enough for really great intuitive readings.

And the artwork is really really lovely. Something I can very easily relate to.

Yes, exactly! I couldn't agree more :)

Ruby7