Thoth Tarot,Whats the diffrence in Blue and Green box??

delaneyblues

Heard you all talking about 'greenies' and wondered what was the diffrence do i want a green boxed deck or blue boxed deck ????

gregory

delaneyblues said:
Heard you all talking about 'greenies' and wondered what was the diffrence do i want a green boxed deck or blue boxed deck ????
Boxes have nothing to do with it. Greenies are old prints where the whole deck is greenish. Your likely only source is ebay.

HERE is a table with all the information.

fyreflye

You want an AGM/Urania blue box edition copyrighted 1996. Anything else will be not only as well reproduced but will cost you a small fortune because all the others are out of print in the US pending settlement of a copyright lawsuit. And you'll have to order the blue box from a European source for the same reason. Unless you can buy/trade for it on this forum.

Lillie

gregory said:
Boxes have nothing to do with it. Greenies are old prints where the whole deck is greenish. Your likely only source is ebay.

HERE is a table with all the information.

But some greenies are greener than others, and some arn't really green at all.

One of the nicest Thoths I have is a none green greenie.
Lovely bright colours.

gregory

This is all true. I have 76 cards from the greenest deck I ever did see....

And my 86 AGM (blue box, large) is the best coloured one I have.

Nevertheless the OP did ask what a greenie was....

nisaba

I'm pleased to say that the Thoth I was recently given is not green at all, and as Lillie says, the colours are just lovely. Really radiant. By contrast, my Liber T is my greenie deck <grin>.

Back in the beginning of the Thoth story, do we know what kind of colour-range Harris used? is the Greenie effect her choice of colours or down to a printer green-washing a batch?

Le Fanu

gregory said:
I have 76 cards from the greenest deck I ever did see.......
Is my Ace of Disks from that deck? My, that's GREEN

gregory

Le Fanu said:
Is my Ace of Disks from that deck? My, that's GREEN
It is indeed, and it certainly IS !!! I live in hope of a complete deck that colour... :bugeyed: