The radiant rider waite

piscesdreamer

I've read quite a bit on the tarot and finally picked up my first deck,it was the radiant rider waite.i wanted something more tradtional,like a euopean deck or a rider waite .i decided on a rider waite and liked the coloring of the radiant version and bought it today.anyone else have one and how do you feel about it?

tarobones

radiant

I love the Radiant Rider Waite, and equally the Universal Rider Waite. I move between the two. I much prefer these to the earlier versions, and in my opinion these wonderful "twins" are the standard RWS........for me. Enjoy your deck and Tarot. Welcome to the tribe!! Peace............Michael

Tarotphelia

piscesdreamer said:
i've read your responses in previous threads and you can be a slippery one

Slippery....like a fox !
<throws salt on slippery Fulgour>

Majecot

Fulgour said:
It's authentic :)
piscesdreamer said:
i've read your responses in previous threads and you can be a slippery one

ROTF!!!!! Slippery indeed :D:D:D

Nice review BTW Fulgour, that was the first I had seen it.

I have Radiant and mostly I use it for study.. I have found the cards to be slippery })

aneski

I love the radiant deck, too. It's a terrific starter deck.

Sophie

piscesdreamer said:
I've read quite a bit on the tarot and finally picked up my first deck,it was the radiant rider waite.i wanted something more tradtional,like a euopean deck or a rider waite .i decided on a rider waite and liked the coloring of the radiant version and bought it today.anyone else have one and how do you feel about it?

Hi Piscesdreamer - we met on another thread. Congratulation! Welcome to the wonderful world of Tarot symbols. I learnt with Colman-Smith's original deck, though I have moved on since, but still have it tucked away somewhere :)
BTW - it is also a European deck!

I don't own the Radiant version, but I've seen it - it's beautiful.

And who knows, you might one day move gently towards the Fournier Tarot de Marseille ;) (the Fournier also has gorgeous colours) (it took me 7 years to discover TdM, and I've not abandoned my previous loves, just added to them).

Parzival

The Radiant Rider-Waite

Actually, these cards are not too boldly bright ; they're more luminescent or glowing than light-bulb radiant.They bring out mixes of shadow and light, too, unlike the typical US Games version, with its flat, lined-in colors. And they're slippery as salamanders. Are they the Ur-radiant Tarot?