Storing the faeries

Guiding Cauldron

lol

Jewel said:
OHHHHHHH Sunshinelvr, my faeries really like that coin you have in the second picture. Where may I find one??? They want one ... *LOL*

i think those wishing coins are contageious! i've wanted one ever since i saw them in a shop a year ago, but they were not for sale, i was so sad! BUT i just aquired this coin form a lovely AT member in a recent tarot kit xchange :)

everyone seems to love it and i cant stop feeling all filled with glee when i see it too. however i did do some scouting and found some on a GERMAN ebay site! i dont speak a lick of german but i can see pics just fine lol

other than Germany i dont know where else you can get them at the moent sorry hun!

as far as the bag i didnt make that one, got it off ebay for a couple of pounds, they just seem to like that lol

Jewel

Well Sunshinelvr, my faeries did not like hearing that. Maybe they will do something about getting those coins into the US *LOL*.

Little Hare

mine aren't stored in anything yet }) they are sitting on my plastic red makeup bag that has tiny white stars on it... on my desk... i'd love to geta nice wooden box for them.... but hey i'm happy to wait

Rattiemama

What a great thread!

My faeries have been in a box I made for them for the past several years, and I think they are starting to want a new home. The box is just made of cardstock that I painted with water colors and then Modge-Podged. I did title the box in silver "The Faerie's Oracle."

The problem is, lately they don't seem to want to go back in, and they seem to feel confined in there Even though the box is still a perfect fit for them. I mean it was custom made for them.

All your bags and boxes have given me some lovely ideas, so I think I'll go about making them a new place to live. Perhaps it will help me reconnect with them too, since my readings have been less intuitive lately.

fina

Penelope

I use a tin box from a set of Froud greeting cards with Penelope Dreamweaver on the lid. It seemed fitting. I also made a book of my interpretations using recipe cards with holes punched in them and held together with binder rings with the Penelope greeting card as a cover. I like this better because it ensures I look at what notes I have made before consulting someone else's interpretations if I get stuck.

flicker

My faeries oracle is still in the original box. I dont know as yet how to store them I am sure in time I will get a nudge. All they said was "we are having a difference of opinion..Hmm." (silence) "We want stars, a silver moon, a black background or maybe green with leaves like the Greenman yea like that" "Oh perhaps you can make one." so, im now getting use to fae talk just about and realising its all riddles and trying to type while not tuning into them at all is proving impossible. Told to "have fun, not be such abore and a stick in the mud." "riddle-me this-riddle me that, she best watch out we've spotted the pussy cat." Good God that means they are upstairs aggravating here. Yes I own a cat and much to my cats bemusement and excitement she has been laying next to the cards and I have spotted gold and blue lights near her:)

I need an offswitch or a glass jar with a lid and holes in it. joke:)

faerylvr

Mine are still nekkid... I may have to take them to the fabric store this next week... what a pain... I am by no means the best seamstress in the world... maybe I can make one though... I do know how to run the sewing machine.

flicker

faerylvr said:
Mine are still nekkid... I may have to take them to the fabric store this next week... what a pain... I am by no means the best seamstress in the world... maybe I can make one though... I do know how to run the sewing machine.

I cant sew too well myself but, In thinking of faeries terms I feel they would want us to enjoy it rather than worry about getting it absolutely perfect. Ive even had my first real Pratfall in which i was dancing in front of a lot of people last night and all of which were pros. I was new and I kept dropping the veil on the floor as, they were twirling the veils to 'dance of the 7 veils' perfectly and looking elegant. I was wrapped up in a mess of shocking pink chiffon. I was so humiliated and thought about giving up. I went beetroot but, I soon started laughing as I slid on the floor on the scarve. The dance teacher couldnt stop laughing. It was hillarious. I started...thinking..."Ok they got me good."

Faolainn Storm

I posted in the picky faries thread here about the "hideous" bag that my faeries reside it, that is made of clashing florals in various shades of lime-green. At that time I promised to post pictures of it. As I was putting my cards away before my IDS, I saw my faeries and thought I'd better post those pictures. So here goes.

Front
Inside
Back

As you can see my faeries must be colour-blind! :D But they're happy, and that's what matters. Cannot have unhappy faeries, that would be disaster! :eek:
They're a little miffed about the IDS, but they agree it might be good for me, and therefore they are willing to go peacefully into temporary retirement. Provided it is temporary, and I promise to play with them after. :D But they wanted this last burst of recognition before going away. :laugh:

Faolainn Storm

ETA: Amazing, the links all work! Usually things like this are attacked by my Faery of Computer Disaster, who sits on my computer and swallows anything I consider important. :bugeyed:

Pook

Guiding Cauldron said:
i think those wishing coins are contageious! i've wanted one ever since i saw them in a shop a year ago, but they were not for sale, i was so sad! BUT i just aquired this coin form a lovely AT member in a recent tarot kit xchange :)

everyone seems to love it and i cant stop feeling all filled with glee when i see it too. however i did do some scouting and found some on a GERMAN ebay site! i dont speak a lick of german but i can see pics just fine lol

other than Germany i dont know where else you can get them at the moent sorry hun!

as far as the bag i didnt make that one, got it off ebay for a couple of pounds, they just seem to like that lol

Umm...I'm not one for butting in to others' conversations, but.....
for anyone interested in those fairy coins.... :D

found em here Gaelsong.com