What deck would you like to see be created?

bladeraven

I would like to see a Tuscany (Italian style) flavored deck made....Since watching Under the Tuscany Sun..I've been addicted to this style

13thFaeChylde

VisionQuest said:
I'm still looking for a good Lesbian deck.

Not a women's deck.
Not a feminist deck.

A Lesbian deck , ;)

In the same style of Lee's, Gay Tarot, would be great. :)

I fully agree ;)
I have Wise Woman and Motherpeace, and they have their place in my collection, but a modern lesbian deck would be the shizzle-fazizzle!

lunalafey

arcanalefait said:
I play around with these all the time:

Grateful Dead Tarot

I play with this one too... The Grateful Dead with help from Robert Hunter, have way over 78 original songs to try and apply to a card. Many songs are very symbolic and some even spiritual.

Nydia

I agree, too, about a deck with earth tone colors. I like all shades of brown and green. Maybe the Druidcraft would work for that from what I've seen. I'll probably get that someday.

A deck on The Canterbury Tales could be interesting. I know it's probably mentioned in other threads. I've only read parts a long time ago.

Someone mentioned Dickens.
I think a tarot deck on "great works" of literature could be cool. There could be a little something for everyone in a deck like that. I feel like even if people haven't read the books, they may still be aware of certain characters or situations from movies or whatever. I would want the deck's book to say where the inspiration for each card comes from.

Sophie

I'd like a Greek deck.

Not a mythic deck or a historical deck - but a deck encompassing the wonder of Greece and the Greek world, which would naturally look back at all periods of its history (since Greece is redolent with its long history), and borrow symbols from all of them, but from a modern perspective. Perhaps the suits could represent 4 periods of history (classical&hellenistic/medieval/turkish/modern); or perhaps 4 things that are emblematic of greece (e.g. olives, marble, the sea&ships, cupola'd orthodox churches, wild mountains, historical ruins, philosophers, masked theatre, the olympics, the bouzouki, etc.); or less shematically, using a collage approach like the Tarot of Prague. It could have Greek alphabet correspondences. Not a political deck, so no Turks= Devil! But generally celebrating the marvellous existence of that unique country and its widely-travelled people.

little_redfox

Lovely idea EmeraldGirl about the masters tarot, im with you on that - it would be so lush - for the lovers theres a wonderful 'Romeo and Juliet' painting i cant remember now by who, but theyre embracing as he's sitting on the edge of her balcony - like should i stay or should i go hehe brings in the choice element of it :) Starry night for 'the star' fab, just fab !!

LRF x

Chronata

There's a lot of decks I want, and I keep thinking I may have to make my own!

I want a nautical/pirate themed deck (I have sketches for one...but no real solid ideas yet)

I want an urban faerie tale deck. Even an oracle would be cool. Something Charles De Lint or Neil Gaiman like.

And I want a deck of Gods to balance out all the Goddess decks. Yeah, this is an old complaint, I know...but I still have yet to see a good one!

Kiama

A Mists of Avalon Tarot! Definitely! There's so much scope in the book for a deck... I can imagine it having similar artwork to the Legend: Arthurian: watercolours, quite ethereal...

Kiama

DoctorArcanus

little_redfox said:
Lovely idea EmeraldGirl about the masters tarot, im with you on that - it would be so lush - for the lovers theres a wonderful 'Romeo and Juliet' painting i cant remember now by who, but theyre embracing as he's sitting on the edge of her balcony - like should i stay or should i go hehe brings in the choice element of it :) Starry night for 'the star' fab, just fab !!

LRF x

Frank Dicksee?

Google image search is cool :) http://www.google.com/imghp

Marco