The Shadow Card

MeeWah

Bec: Deck? I haven't referred to a deck :D Almost any Tarot deck would probably work; however, if the deck has Strength & Justice switched, an adjustment would need to be made.

bec

*bec blushes highred in the face"

;D "It is based on the work of Angeles Arrien on Tarot Lifetime Cards."

Thourght this was a deck - damn no wonder I couldn´t find it anywhere *ROFL*

well who knows, maybe I *am* related to cats :)

JustBlue

I´m adding that book to my neverending list of decks and books I might get.
And bec, have you tried giving a search for Danich online bookstores?
You might just get lucky.

Jewel

Okies as promised I made a mental note when working with the Tarot for Yourself book last night (Mary Greer) to follow up regarding the "Teacher Card". The teacher card is the court card that corresponds to your moon sign (there is a listing on her book where you fill things in based on your natal chart). I am yet to find anything about a "hidden" or shadow card mentioned in that book at all. MeeWah, could you please give me the page number where that appears? ... I am wondering if maybe I am working with an older version of the work book as I have had it for several years. Thanks!

Melvis

Bec: If you hadn't asked "so many questions" in this thread, I wouldn't have learned so much from it! :D So don't apologize for asking them! :)

Meewah: Reading about the Personality and Soul Cards, it almost sounds to me like the Personality Card is more of an external influence...this is what you show the world on your life's journey. The Soul Card is an internal influence or strength. It is more personal, affecting the inner resources of a person.

Does this make sense?

I love this discussion, BTW! :) I have a set of bookends that have frames in them that I have on my desk. Since I have several decks that are pretty to look at (but I don't use for readings very often) I pull a card from a couple of these decks each Month and put them in the frames. Now I think I'll put the Emperor and Death in those frames so I can think about them and they can 'watch over' my readings.

Peace,

Melvis

Jewel

Darn Melvin did you have bring up the "what you project to the world" card? *LOL* ... That is actually another card based on your astrological chart (accroding once again to Mary Greer) ... and the card is not a Major Arcanca either ... If I am not mistaken it corresponds to your ascendant ... I will have to look this up. I think I will post each of the different aspects and what they represent. I will post it on Monday.

Ohhhh and I agree ... this has been a great discussion!

Melvis

You know...I think I'm going to have to break down and buy this Mary Greer book! I don't know much about astrology myself, but all these personal card correspondences sound too cool to not read about firsthand! :)

Although, once I read it I'll probably STILL have questions... ;P

Peace,

Melvis

MeeWah

Jewel: I am so sorry!! I erred in referring to "Tarot for Your Self" :(
While it does discuss the use of various Lifetime Cards, it is in "Tarot Constellations", Mary K. Greer's second book, in which she mentions the Hidden Factor Card & the Teacher Card; also develops the Lifetime Cards concept more expansively. It's been a while since I've used the books, & I mixed up the titles.
I prefer to use the term Shadow Card for the particular aspect(s) she referrs to as Hidden Factor or Teacher.
Again, I apologise for any confusion my error may have caused.

MeeWah

Melvis: You are correct. It can be said that in Tarot, the Personality Card is the exterior expression of the individual; how one interacts with the environment & presents the self. It is the aspect that would tend to exhibit the influence of the exterior world on the person. In Astrology, it would be comparable to the action of the ascendant or rising sign.
The Soul Card describes the qualities & the purpose of the soul; its essence in the particular life. In astrological terms, it would be comparable to the Sun sign, which is indicative of an individual's character.
Similar to Astrology where one is more than just the Sun sign but a composition of a myriad of influences from a group of planetary aspects, so is one in Tarot more than just the Personality or the Soul Cards. In deciphering the various correspondences in other cards, it is a means of self-understanding & self-development; a journey into the psyche of individuation & assimilation/wholeness.

MeeWah

WitchyWoman: Sorry this is so late in the discussion, but if you are a 5-5, then 14-Temperance is your Shadow.
A 5 operates through a process of learning & teaching, though not necessarily in the literal sense. Particularly in the early years, there may have been a tendency to to question authority as part of the learning process (where you were as one of the acolytes or students facing The Heirophant). In later years as you come into your sense of self & knowledge, you may act as a teacher. As a 5, you also learn by teaching. It is by remaining open to learning despite whatever level achieved that an expansion of continued understanding occurs. It avoids falling into a pattern by rote.