Going deck-insane!

MareSaturni

Have you ever...loved a deck so much you feel like buying another copy of it? Or the mini-version, just to carry it around? And feel like dedicating an entire notebook just to study this deck?

I hope many of you say yes or else i'll start feeling insane!

I love all the decks of my modest tarot collection. Each and every of them have their place in my heart...but there is one that, i don't know, i just love it. I go through different periods...sometimes i'm really in love with one, sometimes with another, sometimes sick of them all and looking for a new one :D
The flavour of the month is Nissoli's Secret Tarot (last time it was the Housewives). I can't stop using it, touching it, studying it...i feel like buying the mini-version just to carry around in my bag.

Have you gone through this once? Twice? Do you go through it every month?
Which deck was your 'big love' of the month/week?

Share stories! I don't want to be alone...it's a big, scary world out there full of non-tarophiles who don't understand what i am going through!

Thanks ;)

~~~Yuko

Grizabella

Don't feel alone. I'm the same way. Right now for me it's the Gilded. But before that it's been just about every deck I own. I think you've caught the "ic"-----tarot-hol-"ic"--------disease! Join the crowd. :)

TheOld

The Alchemical Tarot is really my deck, there's no mini version so i'v done a laser copy of it to have a mini version to carry around :)
all this alchemical stuff is really touching my heart, i love it !!!!

Love, Light & Power
Omeada

MareSaturni

Ah, thank you Lyric and Omeada! I'm not so scared anymore.

People really think i'm crazy for having...18 divination decks, 10 of them being Tarot decks. I tell them there are people who have more than 100 and they say "no way!".

And now i see myself getting more and more "ic"-----tarot-hol-"ic", like Lyric said :)

TheOld said:
The Alchemical Tarot is really my deck, there's no mini version so i'v done a laser copy of it to have a mini version to carry around

Wow! That's real love! Do the copies have a good quality? That sounds interesting!

~~~Yuko

Emeraldgirl

Yes I have had this a lot of times for different decks, The Gilded, Buckland Romani, Druidcraft, Tarot of Drems (Do I really need both gloss and satin finishes?).

Tk2dsky

I really love The Oracle Tarot....when I shuffle the cards I talk to them :)
::scuttles away before the men in white jackets come to take me away::

Cerulean

Mini Secrets will remind you...

...of many things that you enjoy about the Secrets deck.

The colors are lovely, but the small details that make this deck seem so different might be blurred...in the Six of Swords, the mysterious delicacy is obscured by the smallness...I can barely make out the floating quality of the Ace of Cups...but I like both versions just the same.

I sometimes listen to the Phantom of the Opera and think of the Secrets Tarot. The oddness is sometimes theatrical, kind of like a haunted castle or a staged play....or an anime book that speaks with pictures.

Just my take...there's a blue in this deck that seems to haunt me sometimes into

Cerulean

MareSaturni

Cerulean said:
...of many things that you enjoy about the Secrets deck.

The colors are lovely, but the small details that make this deck seem so different might be blurred...in the Six of Swords, the mysterious delicacy is obscured by the smallness...I can barely make out the floating quality of the Ace of Cups...but I like both versions just the same.

Do you think it's a good version to...buy to carry around? I love the Secret tarot so much...it speaks so clearly to me, in it's small details that make it so fantastic...but the big deck is just too big. I miss having it around though, i have no tarot deck small enough to be carried...

Cerulean said:
I sometimes listen to the Phantom of the Opera and think of the Secrets Tarot. The oddness is sometimes theatrical, kind of like a haunted castle or a staged play....or an anime book that speaks with pictures.

True...i think it's a deep deck due to it's power of...drawing you into it. I almost feel like i really live in that world the deck shows me, that mix of antique and new...that distorted-fantasy...i can't explain. It's definitely a deck i really love! I'm loving to study it, adds a lot to me.

Thanks for sharing your opinion! As usual, it's a very constructive one!

~~~Yuko

VGimlet

You are FINE, LOL.

I have copies of several favorite decks. I have a tiny copy of the Universal RWS which fits in my most microscopic bag. I don't really need to see the detail, because I know the cards so well. I have two copies of the Rock & Roll, one first edition, and the second edition, which I read with. Two of the Aquarian, (one is retired). I am thinking about another copy of the Gilded. Oh, and I have three copies of the Thoth. One of the icky green, one of the non-green, and one with standard size cards.

I may even get a third copy of the Aquarian, if I can find a deck with the solid blue back in good shape. :D

edited to add - I use separate notebooks for all my in-depth deck studies. So far I've done one for the RWS, the Thoth, and the Marseille. Still thinking about which deck for next year.

levannah60

for some reason I have to carry around my waite deck with me wherever I go....I cannot live without my waite deck-----------well, I CAN...But you know what I mean. Frankly, I feel Neked without a deck with me, specificly THAT one. Back in 2000, I got hit by a red suburban whille I was on a bike. The only deck I had with me at the time was the waite deck, and whille I sat holed up on a friend of mine's couch, that was the only deck for me to use. At the time, I wanted to have my witches' tarot with me, I felt it was so importent because I would actually get to study it...But she never went to get it for me! So the waite was all I had at the time. Afterwords, I kept two decks in my purse: the waite and the witches, just incase I went through another accident that I survived. Anyways, Since first using that waite deck in 1998, I have sense gained so many memories with it, and experinces. So many readings....It is the deck I use to study with...most of my other decks just sit and gather dust. I hated this deck in the begginning, apposouloutly hated it...Ironic how some things turn out. SO, The waite deck is one of those decks that I could fall asleep looking at. So I totaly and I mean TOTALY know where you are comming from....I may never take those cards out wherever I go, But If I don't have them, I go stir crazy, even in the shower. Mabee someday someone, somwhere, somehow, will make a waterproof tarot deck......