what is your soul and personality card?

M.J

Ok I read the articles and found the description - quite like me too! A teacher, a story teller, but have to be careful because I can be self-righteous at times. Yeah... that would be me!!

I also found this
And what about people that don't have double-digits? What if your Soul and Personality cards are one and the same? For instance, if your birthday happened to be November 2, 1981, you would figure 11+2+1,981=1994, which reduces to 23. This does not fall in the range of the Major Arcana (1 to 22), so you reduce it down to 5. For people with the same card for Soul and Personality, their present incarnation is one in which they are very focused on deep soul work, at every level.

But as we will soon see, they, like those who have separate Soul and Personality cards, are still under the influence of another card, one that determines their lessons, challenges and the shadow aspect of their life's journey.

It said my hidden/shadow card is 14, there is a chart here http://innerchangemag.com/Tarot-fool5.htm if you want to see what yours is if you get the same number for both.

So my hidden/shadow card is Temperance and suggests that I can be disenchanted with reality. I don't find that as much of a problem these days, but I've most certainly been there. I'd like to think I've overcome that, even though I do often feel out of place, always looking for somewhere that feels right.

Lula Jing

M.J said:
It said my hidden/shadow card is 14, there is a chart here http://innerchangemag.com/Tarot-fool5.htm if you want to see what yours is if you get the same number for both
Thanks for posting this M.J very useful! I can see that as my birth date adds to 20 (Judgement) which reduces to 2 (HP) that does indeed make my shadow 11 (Justice).

From this I gather that my personality has a spiritual and somewhat Karmic essence and I am inclined to judge myself from time to time, based on my past efforts. Quite often, every few years or so, I do seem to make some radical changes in my life, or things happen so that I am forced to re-evaluate. Makes sense so far...

And with the Soul card as the High Priestess, well I tend to feel empty if I cannot be creative or intuitive...

My shadow personality card is Justice, again a little Karmic and the sword is double-edged. Perhaps I seek perfection in myself and others, which is rarely possible. I'm not fond of lies, that's for sure. Quite a balanced card, overall - so perhaps this shows that truth and fairness are important to me? - which indeed they are. :)

Interesting thread!

Shy x

maszat

The Emperor

Hi,

Both my personality and soul card is the Emperor and my Hidden factor card is Death.

I have read a few comments on the Emperor but I am not sure if I can relate it to my life and I still don't quite grasp the meaning of it.

Actually, I am not fond of the number 4 but I am stuck with it! :)

moonstone11

Well after reading every piece of information on here I have come up with The Lovers number 6 as my soul and personality card and my Hidden Factor card is number 15 The Devil! Could make for interesting times!!!

mythos

M.J said:
Ok I read the articles and found the description - quite like me too! A teacher, a story teller, but have to be careful because I can be self-righteous at times. Yeah... that would be me!!

I also found this

It said my hidden/shadow card is 14, there is a chart here http://innerchangemag.com/Tarot-fool5.htm if you want to see what yours is if you get the same number for both.

So my hidden/shadow card is Temperance and suggests that I can be disenchanted with reality. I don't find that as much of a problem these days, but I've most certainly been there. I'd like to think I've overcome that, even though I do often feel out of place, always looking for somewhere that feels right.

Some writers refer to this 'hidden' factor as the 'shadow' card, but not all do. For example, Angeles Arrien, in The Tarot Handbook, describes this card as the Creativity card. This, seems to me, to put quite a different construction of things. Which is correct? Who knows?

I'm a 19 - 10 - 1, so the 10 could be considered to be either a shadow card, or a creativity card. For me, I see it as the latter. But, at almost 55 I have lived long enough to see the cycling in my life and in my creative flow - which is so very 'magician' in its aspect. Maybe, when I was younger, had I been aware of considering tarot major arcana in terms of personality, soul etc components, it would have been more accurate to have described the 10 as 'that which is hidden - the shadow'.

By becoming aware of 'shadow' issues, thus bringing what was unconscious into consciousness, they are no longer part of the contents of the shadow. Maybe that is why one can then refer to this third factor as a creativity factor. Then one can use it's energy creatively. In my case, that is being aware of the ebb and flow, the turning of the wheel and how that impacts on the use of my Magician creativity.

I guess that it is kind of like knowing that in a Mercury Retrograde one should finish projects, and not begin them ... but wait until Mercury moves forward again, to engage in new efforts.

I'd be inclined to say then, that either name has relevance depending on where we are in our understanding of Self.

mythos:)

Knight of Wands

I'm confused :( :(

My birthday is 3.5.1990

3 + 5 +1990 = 1998

1 + 9 + 9 +8 = 27

If its bigger than 22, what do I do?? :confused:

I though to add 2 and 7 which makes my personality and soul The Hermit, which I think is my life path card too :(

Any help will be great,

Jim

SunChariot

Knight of Wands said:
I'm confused :( :(

My birthday is 3.5.1990

3 + 5 +1990 = 1998

1 + 9 + 9 +8 = 27

If its bigger than 22, what do I do?? :confused:

I though to add 2 and 7 which makes my personality and soul The Hermit, which I think is my life path card too :(

Any help will be great,

Jim

Yep that makes both your personality and your soul card, card 9. And for exactly the reasons you said. When it adds up to more than 22 you add the new number together again to get an answer less than 22. Not sure abut the life path card though. I have no idea what those are or how to calculate them. Although I am sure someone else here will know

Babs

mahimaisme

question about the year card

when you use a year card, does it begin and end according to the month of your birth or the calender year?

Knight of Wands

Thanks Sunchariot :D

KoW

Feya

Same soul & personality number Me and Him

Hi,
just calculated my number, Empress personality and soul,

And then i just had to calculate his....guess what I got

What does that mean?
if anything,

any thoughts?
Thanks