a baby card?

PeopleWillBeYou

A few days ago I ended up getting a reading about me and an ex. She's a tarot reader an a psychic but she uses both. Well anyway, out of the blue she told me was that my ex was suppose to be in my life right now, if not then soon. I was confused a little because honestly no one said that to me. Then she took out three cards. One of the three cards caught her attention. She got a baby. She started saying that usually when she gets the card, its mostly for people that are together or married. An she said some other things which i forgot. Also she told me that he's the type of guy that won't stick around much. Can any tell me what the card means? It didn't have any words on it, it was like a sleeping baby. (which was adorable)

nisaba

Welcome to the forum!

A few days ago I ended up getting a reading about me and an ex. She's a tarot reader an a psychic but she uses both.
Your ex? I thought so at first.

Well anyway, out of the blue she told me was that my ex was suppose to be in my life right now, if not then soon. I was confused a little because honestly no one said that to me.
Many readers are not good at managing the time thing. :) Who would you have expected to say it to you?

Then she took out three cards. One of the three cards caught her attention. She got a baby.
The card showed a picture of a baby, or the card reminded her of the idea of babies?

She started saying that usually when she gets the card, its mostly for people that are together or married.
I really don't find, in my practice, that any cards are only for married people or only for single people.

An she said some other things which i forgot. Also she told me that he's the type of guy that won't stick around much. Can any tell me what the card means? It didn't have any words on it, it was like a sleeping baby. (which was adorable)
I have a large number of decks, and many of them have detail of either babies or cradles or foetuses on them, but I can't think of one that features a baby as the main image of the card.What was the name of the deck she was using? It's pretty hard to comment on something when you don't know what you are commenting on.

Also, she did the reading, perhaps she was the best person to ask what the card meant. She would know what deck she was using, what the name of the card was, and what in her relationship with the deck, that card usually meant. Didn't she explain what she thought the card was about?

In my experience, a card will be trying to say different things in different readings: there are only 78 cards in a deck, and millions of different things they might be called on to say.

tarotbear

Are there any 'baby cards' in a Lenormand, anyone?

Other than the Sun, Six of Cups, or 10 of Cups or Pents there are few children in most Tarot decks and they are not babies.

PeopleWillBeYou

Welcome to the forum!

Your ex? I thought so at first.

Many readers are not good at managing the time thing. :) Who would you have expected to say it to you?

The card showed a picture of a baby, or the card reminded her of the idea of babies?

I really don't find, in my practice, that any cards are only for married people or only for single people.

I have a large number of decks, and many of them have detail of either babies or cradles or foetuses on them, but I can't think of one that features a baby as the main image of the card.What was the name of the deck she was using? It's pretty hard to comment on something when you don't know what you are commenting on.

Also, she did the reading, perhaps she was the best person to ask what the card meant. She would know what deck she was using, what the name of the card was, and what in her relationship with the deck, that card usually meant. Didn't she explain what she thought the card was about?

In my experience, a card will be trying to say different things in different readings: there are only 78 cards in a deck, and millions of different things they might be called on to say.

Well the image was a naked baby that's sleeping. It was a very unique card, I never saw anything like that before. I wish I could of asked but I didn't want to be asking a personal question. I didn't ask about the card because I thought I knew what it meant, but I guess not. :/ I don't know if the cards she got was rare or what but I most certainly hear people say "there's no baby card in tarot". She mostly warning me that my ex is not a certain someone that will stick around. :/

PeopleWillBeYou

Are there any 'baby cards' in a Lenormand, anyone?

Other than the Sun, Six of Cups, or 10 of Cups or Pents there are few children in most Tarot decks and they are not babies.

Well, the card was a newborn baby sleeping. It seemed like a straight forward card.

tarotbear

Is it possible you mistook it for a Tarot deck when it may not have been?

PeopleWillBeYou

Is it possible you mistook it for a Tarot deck when it may not have been?

Hmm, it may have been. I never thought of that. Her cards looked kinda big so I wasn't sure.

Darkmage

That sounds like she was using the Zigeuner/Gypsy cards rather than Tarot. IIRC they're in the Sibilla family of cartomancy which is (afaik) unrelated to Tarot.

There are a few decks out there and the art is different on all of them. The most common version is this: http://www.amazon.com/Piatnik-Gypsy-Fortune-Telling-Cards/dp/3930944774. There's also a purple box Hungarian version with slightly different art and the cardstock isn't nearly as good.

The Art Deco has 52 cards and the Biedermeier's got 32. The meanings of all the cards in common are the same.

These are fun decks and not well known here in the States. They do tend to be pretty direct, though. They're a nice change of pace from Tarot and Lenormand.

PeopleWillBeYou

That sounds like she was using the Zigeuner/Gypsy cards rather than Tarot. IIRC they're in the Sibilla family of cartomancy which is (afaik) unrelated to Tarot.

There are a few decks out there and the art is different on all of them. The most common version is this: http://www.amazon.com/Piatnik-Gypsy-Fortune-Telling-Cards/dp/3930944774. There's also a purple box Hungarian version with slightly different art and the cardstock isn't nearly as good.

The Art Deco has 52 cards and the Biedermeier's got 32. The meanings of all the cards in common are the same.

These are fun decks and not well known here in the States. They do tend to be pretty direct, though. They're a nice change of pace from Tarot and Lenormand.

Maybe it was that, but still not sure. I wish she should of told me the other cards so I would know. But it made me think me and my ex will have a baby. Eh..

tarotbear

Well the image was a naked baby that's sleeping. It was a very unique card, I never saw anything like that before.

Thank you, Darkmage. Yes, PWBY, from your opening description (not that I am any kind of expert here) they did not sound like Tarot cards nor was the Reader using them in any 'Tarot-kind of way.' I was politely trying to ascertain if you were familiar enough with some standard Tarot imagery to know what kind of deck the Reader used. In the world of divination there are many different types of cards - Tarots, Oracles, Lenormands, Sibilla, etc., - all are usually large cards - but the image of a naked baby sleeping did not ring any Tarot bells.