A 'Little' Tarot Family Secret

Rosanne

Thanks TarotBear for the blowup- my scanner seems a little stupid-or I am. Every time I make the photos larger AT says the file is too big. Yes I agree with you about people over eighty. I think life has made them tolerant somehow. My Uncle found nothing wrong at all about my Tarot interests- but the females of the family do!! I do not like the narrow view of females somehow- it is a bad trait. There is a sort of humour from the Uncles about the Church and Nuns and Priests- but the Aunts are Irish paragons of mistaken virtue- if it is not Catholic it is from the Devil. Where on Earth do they get this from? Life is such a vale of tears for Catholic women, all suffering and little Joy; seemingly nothing to do but survive this life for the rewards of the next. Sad, very sad!! ~Rosanne

tarotbear

I have a HP scanner, but I do the reduction/enlarging in a different HP program that I no longer know how I obtained! It may have come with the printer software (also HP) called 'HP Photo Printing.' Unfortunately, it only enlarges/reduces to set amounts (25%, 50%, etc.) and you cannot reduce something to 32% which could be a best size.

edited to add; Not sure if this enlarged it any more or not.

Attachments

• Table and cards 200 plus.jpg
    Table and cards 200 plus.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 107

Tarotphelia

Rosanne said:
There is a sort of humour from the Uncles about the Church and Nuns and Priests- but the Aunts are Irish paragons of mistaken virtue- if it is not Catholic it is from the Devil. Where on Earth do they get this from?

I think that's the basic Catholic teaching . My older male relatives, and many of the younger ones too , have the same attitude. Whatever isn't Catholic is part of the big satanic plot , etc. Ironically, there are plenty of other religions espousing the same view about themselves . They can't all be right of course !

Are the Aunts thinking you are hellbound now ?

Rosanne

Lol DI, I have been hellbound for about twenty years since I 'lapsed' !! Saints above the Aunts think 'Tarot made me do it'. In truth actually, Tarot saved me. ~Rosanne

Tarotphelia

Rosanne said:
Lol DI, I have been hellbound for about twenty years since I 'lapsed' !! Saints above the Aunts think 'Tarot made me do it'.

OH. Yes, I see. Blame anything except a free woman making her own well reasoned decisions . I once remarked to my brother that I was lucky because I had no one telling me what to do, and he got this horrible look on his face as if that was a terrible wrong state for a woman to be in ! Yuck.

Somebody should invent a cleansing/protection ritual specifically for this kind of thing.

Oh well, we know you are certainly not hellbound Rosanne- not even close .

Julien

I love the picture... And the story... My grandmother reads regular playing cards... I never knew why she "flipped cards" until my uncle pointed out one day that she checks them as people walk into her building -- she can see them on the little television screen in her room. I asked her (she's 102) and she said that she tries to find out who she can trust, who's naughty and who's nice...

But that's when my uncle also mentioned that my mother read the cards -- Tarot until she married my very religious father. And then she switched to playing cards... So, you see, in my family's blood, too, running among the women of my mother's line.

But you know, Grandma is of that pre-WWI generation -- the ones who were hipsters in the 20's... In fact, I have an old photo of her in a flapper dress somewhere. They were a freer generation -- something about the times, I think...

Julien

DeLani

That is true, Tarotbear. Around the turn of the last century (1900), there was a huge resurgance in what we call now "New Age" stuff - clairvoyance, Tarot, natural healing & laying on of hands, even feminism! My grandfather-in-law was very into natural healing and is in fact a liscenced Swedish massuer. It was the great depression and then the war that kinda squelched all that.

Tongodiva

Ooooh

I'm a geneology freak, so this kinda goes into that right? In any case I love the story! The relevance of it to your present day. It kinda gives you a warm fuzzy feeling doesn't it, well it does that to me. When I hear stories like that from my own family, where I can map out consistencies between past and present lives, I feel the connection to my roots even more. I think there's a gold coin clinking somewhere in the universe whenever anyone gets a that bonding with your past feeling. I'm a 'closet' reader from my family unfortunately. I think i'll be disowned by my parents if they realize that I poke my nose into anything other than the bible. :( I do know though, that there are some very intuitive females in my bloodline from my mother's side. My mother included. I think it's great that you and your uncle have one more thing in common! :)

Live Life, Love Much- Tongo

Rosanne

Welcome TongoDiva to the Forum. I am glad you liked the Story of the photo. My maternal uncle and I have a bond- he is a lapidarist (collector of stones) and he loves the stars, and ancient lands; he paints watercolours and he loves life and he loves me. We have talked for hours over the years and I learned much from him.
As to the Tarot cards he held when he was small-They belonged to his grandfather (my Great Grandfather). He told me that he took one to school and got a whipping for his trouble. So it obviously was not the Heirophant!! The cart he made was a faithful reproduction down to the curtains around the canopy hehe. It must have tickled my G.Grandad. I am still searching for other clues. ~Rosanne

Moongold

Rosanne ~

You are so fortunate to have your Uncle and other members of your family still alive to share this stuff with you :). Who knows what other secrets you will uncover?

And what about your own work? How delighted your own descendents may be in future years to discover their own relative was a mysterious High Priestess.

Blessings ~

Moongold