A "Tarot Mentor"

Reverie

Don't you wish you had one? I live in a community that is not so in tune with the spiritual and mystical, so I don't see myself ever finding one :p

But it would be fantastic if there were tarot mentors, or even tarot 'schools'. There is a kind of 'paranormal' school near where I live, and it's complete bs... They basically teach you how to make money through divination, they certify you, so then you can do paid readings... It's a shame.

I wish there were serious tarot schools, not just for the hopeless!

Who did you learn tarot from?
How did you learn it?

Grizabella

I learned most of what I know from the cards and from here on AT. My mentors were the people here.

But I do think it would be good if there were tarot mentors. I know MysticRose here is doing a mentoring work through a website, but I haven't seen her posting lately so I don't know how that's going for her.

There are tarot classes---or maybe for the day-long ones you'd have to call them seminars---in various places. Maybe you could find one somewhere near you.

Or maybe you could even start a mentoring service or some classes yourself. I know that takes a whole lot of courage in towns where tarot isn't well-accepted, but there always has to be that first person to do something, so it could be you. :)

sweet_intuition

Out of my years of learning about tarot, it's only in the past six months since I joined AT that I learned most of what I know about the tarot.

In a way, as a tarot mentor? Well who could be better than our very own Umbrae Draco :). Socratic in his method at times by asking us questions for our own questions, making us arrive at the answers on our own.

Sakura Murasaki

AT is my mentor. I know that I can always come here to help me find the answers to my questions. :)

robinchun

I too have found (and finding) AT is like a mentor, I'm learning and I find something to 'tune in' to almost every time I log on.Thanks to you all.

Robin

Esther

I agree that this site has been really helpful. I have a couple books, but they're kind of limited. One particular has been helpful in studying the Major Arcana, but otherwise, it's nice to be able to discuss things and just read other viewpoints.

I do wish, sometimes, that I could have a flesh and blood mentor, but those seem hard to find, unless you grow up in a family where you have a relative or two who study Tarot.

finaflight

Yes, I thank the Gods for AT for sure. I got nowhere with books ie meanings.

And its nice to get feedback and listen to other people and thier points of view.

I know its not flesh and blood - but you could find people here maybe who will do some readings through MSN - thats an option.

If you have a webcam - thats even better - almost there :grin:

cosmoline

Gayla

I had a mentor assigned to me for a short time when I joined ATA, but my greatest mentors have been right here on AT. Everyone learns from each other.

And Mark McElroy has been a great mentor to me. And all the well known authors I consider mentors.

But, I don't have anyone 'physically' near me. I felt sad about it for a while, but with the internet the learning possibilities are endless. :)

SarahRose

I have tarot friends. My best friend Liz (gusthemoose on here) is a great reader, and her twin/my other best friend is a reader as well. It's more like camaraderie than mentoring.

HearthCricket

AT members, the variety of threads, the study groups, daily picks, websites, books and lots of reading the cards myself have been my best mentors. As nice and charming as it would seem to have a single tarot mentor, I think it could get stale or they may try to train you to see their way only, which may not work at all for you, even if they mean well. Study, listen, practice, practice, practice...this will be your best ways of learning tarot.