A black cape too!!!!!

nisaba

rwcarter said:
Hey, I always wanted a black cape with blood red silk lining....
Huge, and made from heavy black felted wool for me, with duffel-coat type toggles down the front for cold-weather closure. And lined with shimmering satin, woven out of blue and silver threads. And with a huge, original Mycenian bronze age brooch for warmer-weather closure at the throat.

re-pete-a

OH DEAR,

The feeling coming through from these items is not what the general populace is aware of.

This cape feels like it was that persons meditation cover. A quiet secluded place of worship.
NOT the play thing suggested .

The cards were a sideline thing that didn't cut it for him, though it was thought the connections to the Greek Myths might gain him a better connection.

Sorry, but the mirth shared here amongst this thread isn't that funny ,IMHO.

These are the remnents of someones journey, against popular opinions to the contrary, to gain a better connection to to the higher realms.
And hopefully they have worked and woven their magic.
May they find their peace.

Alta

Good comments re-pete-a. Thanks for that, certainly puts a different spin on it.

I always feel sad in second hand stores, it feels like someone's treasured possessions now just objects of bargaining and demeaned.

The Mythic has seemed to have been a deck that provoked strong attachments.

tarotmama

Dang. I could get an emperor for my deck AND a cape??!?!

*watching this auction verrrrry closely*

t.town.troy

re-pete-a said:
OH DEAR,

The feeling coming through from these items is not what the general populace is aware of.

This cape feels like it was that persons meditation cover. A quiet secluded place of worship.
NOT the play thing suggested .

The cards were a sideline thing that didn't cut it for him, though it was thought the connections to the Greek Myths might gain him a better connection.

Sorry, but the mirth shared here amongst this thread isn't that funny ,IMHO.

These are the remnents of someones journey, against popular opinions to the contrary, to gain a better connection to to the higher realms.
And hopefully they have worked and woven their magic.
May they find their peace.
I don't think any harm was meant if these really are/were what you are getting from them. Let's look at these posts as a joyous happening, celebrating a life, if they were. And 'estate sale' don't always mean death; sometimes it's just "out with the old", or (on ebay) a nice way to say "found at a garage sale".
I, personally, know a girl (was "goth", now not) who had these exact items and now they are just sitting in her parents attic gathering dust and spiders (now that's "goth"). It's possible that this is the same situation.

BeyondtheVeil

I think it is adorable! :)

Celice

t.town.troy said:
I don't think any harm was meant if these really are/were what you are getting from them. Let's look at these posts as a joyous happening, celebrating a life, if they were. And 'estate sale' don't always mean death; sometimes it's just "out with the old", or (on ebay) a nice way to say "found at a garage sale".
I, personally, know a girl (was "goth", now not) who had these exact items and now they are just sitting in her parents attic gathering dust and spiders (now that's "goth"). It's possible that this is the same situation.

I agree! It is also possible the cape and tarot cards were never related or never belonged to the same person. The cape could easily be from an old Halloween costume that was thrown in with the deck sale.

Just because one person got a feeling this was a treasured item doesn't mean it necessarily was so and none of these comments were intended maliciously, we were having a good time.

Wow the sale is bid up to $10... is someone trying for the cape or the cards? :D

BeyondtheVeil

Celice said:
I agree! It is also possible the cape and tarot cards were never related or never belonged to the same person. The cape could easily be from an old Halloween costume that was thrown in with the deck sale.

Just because one person got a feeling this was a treasured item doesn't mean it necessarily was so and none of these comments were intended maliciously, we were having a good time.

Wow the sale is bid up to $10... is someone trying for the cape or the cards? :D

It's me..I am trying for the cape!!! :D I told you that it was adorable! :)

re-pete-a

Yep ,quite so TTT and Celice.

They could be anything.

But, the intention is to follow the feelings first received, and to announce them, Here on this forum, which exists here for that very reason.
A place where feelings can be aired without ridicule, even if contrary.

Like wise, you too may announce your feelings as well, just like the rest on these forums.

It's a practice place afterall.

t.town.troy

:) I understand what you mean, re-pete-a. Thanks.