What deck would you like to see be created?

VisionQuest

I'm still looking for a good Lesbian deck.

Not a women's deck.
Not a feminist deck.

A Lesbian deck , ;)

In the same style of Lee's, Gay Tarot, would be great. :)

baba-prague

rota said:
um....

I want a Robot Tarot.

There is the LS robot tarot - and well-drawn it is too on the whole. But are you thinking of something different? I half wondered if you meant a tarot that would lay its own spread out and then interpret it ;-)

DoctorArcanus

Emeraldgirl said:
I want a masters tarot all the cards are different works of art by masters over different timeframes

Like Titan's Bacchus and Ariadne for the Fool
High Priestess - Mona Lisa
Star - Starry night by Van Gough
The Devil - something by Goya

ah if only there was no copywrite laws

Emerald,
I would like the portarit of LU(ci)NA Brembati by Lorenzo Lotto as the moon:
Lucina Brembati

I don't think that there are copyright restrictions of classical art (and anyway, if you are thinking about a deck for personal use, why do you worry about it?).
Your idea is good, and I think it could be an interesting project to carry on here on ATF: it's full of people that would be happy to contribute!

Marco

wizzle

another thread

Here's another thread dealing with the issue of dream decks

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=42365

Yes there are copyright issues even for old stuff....see my answer at

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=42176

I'm a digital artist and if I were to do a tarot deck based on the work of a master I'd probably just buy a set of digital images which allow me to manipulate them as I choose. Here's the deal....folks go out and photo art then offer their photos for sale with more or less unlimited rights to anyone who buys the photos. When I say more or less I mean that the photos can be used to make new art, on web pages etc but you can't re-sell the photos, per se.

The nice thing about this route is that you get images that are big enough to deal with digitally. When I have any of my stuff printed, the file is at least a 100 megs for an 11 x 13" image. A poster sized file would be more like 400 megs.

Sorry about going a bit off topic.

poivre

I would like to see a modern, mystical deck.
The deck also done in earthy tone colors!

Nevada

Emeraldgirl said:
High Priestess - Mona Lisa

Star - Starry night by Van Gough
I'd love those. In fact, I'd buy a whole deck just for that Star card. :D

Nevada

WolfSpirit

DoctorArcanus said:
2) A garden with labyrinths, life-size sculptures and allegorical fountains. The sculptures are moved around every night. Everyday you visit the garden, you "read" the last three sculptures you find when walking around.

Marco

Oh that is such a cool idea ! You could also draw numbers before you enter the tarot garden (or just use dice): today my sculptures are: no.4, 56 and 61 (for example)
I also like HudsonGray's idea of a deck from manuscripts.

I would still like a good LOTR deck, with good artwork that is also tarot-related. But I am sure everyone is tired of hearing me say that by now :p

tarotlova

Teacher Deck

You know how they say that the teacher will come when the pupil is ready, well I think that's a bit hard now day's, so I would like a deck that shows you in steps what you would like to know, it might have to be in a series of decks!

bladeraven

ros said:
I would like to see a modern, mystical deck.
The deck also done in earthy tone colors!

Now that would be a nice deck