Siamese Tarot of P. Sukij

Cerulean

Wow, this is much easier to read with than the Royal Thai...

...and the art looks beautiful.

Thanks for the gorgeous links.

I'm interested in hearing your opinion!

Cerulean

Annabelle

Adam McLean said:
It claims you can buy a copy online through Asia Books, but despite the Asia books site being in English, I tried to place an order but received no response at all.
Adam, do you mean that you went through the "checkout" steps on the Asia books site and paid for the deck and everything, but have not received confirmation of your order?

This looks like a beautiful deck and I would love to order a copy . . . but if your experience with this site has been a bad one, then I don't want to order from them.

Cerulean

Adam, it looks like the title isn't in stock on Asiabooks yet...

sorry to hear about that experience.

I'll keep my eyes open. I'm also looking for information of another pending Asian title, but it's not due out until December in the U.K..

Best regards,

Cerulean

Adam McLean

I did manage to add the item to the cart but it then put up a message saying that they would contact me by email for my credit card details. There was no form to fill in these details on line. No email arrived, and I eventually sent them two emails asking about the order, but got no reply to this.

I find this often happens. I tried to buy some Polish tarots
from Polish bookshop a few months ago. The same thing happened - no reply at all. This also happened when I tried to but some items from an Argentinian bookshop.
Obviouslymany of these online bookstiore are not really willing to send materials outside their own country, despite the easy payment in their own curency using
a credit card.

It can be a bit frustrating !

Adam McLean

Cerulean

You are right Adam...

I saw that the sponsoring site of all the cards said this is only available in Thailand at this time. But don't forget this link--because over time, I've discovered as more distributors begin to sell products online, some will also make items availability both in English and to overseas buyers.

Yes.asia, for instance, has added an English description to it's titles and will ship some worldwide for free. But that is very very recent and I'm more used to distributers such as tarotgarden.com and sasugabooks.com, which deal with the importing and other hassles. I also find that the distributors are in tune with certain recent decks with misprints or problems with missing cards, and they tend to have more than one of the decks, so I can exchange.

That doesn't mean that I won't keep glancing through abebooks.com and other sites to see if there are dealers or book outlets that might import or export the most unusual titles...so I will keep my eyes open, as I'm certain others will now....Thank you very much for your energy and assistance with all these beautiful decks!

Best regards,

Cerulean