BBC Eight of Cups

SolSionnach

Initial Impressions: deciding that it's time to move on, with a very interesting path ahead of one.
Card description, symbols and objects: A sweet grey kitty is turning away with a pensive glance over her shoulder. She is dressed rather sedately for this deck - a dress with a peach satin blouse with lace cuffs and a teal-green skirt, with a straw hat on her back. In the foreground stand 8 cups, in groups of 5 and 3. They appear to be leaden, with coppery rims. There is a covered flagstone pathway with a soft white arched roof, and beyond that the pathway leads out into a highly-manicured garden... in the far distance are tw0 archways through a vine-covered wall, with less-manicured greenery beyond. This is one of my favorite cards in the deck - perhaps because it's not so incredibly visually busy - I love the way the blouse's color is picked up in the flowers in the background, and the arched roof of the path is very cool and quiet.
Symbols on this card suggest: leaving a restricted/enclosed/safe-but-lifeless environment for an open, wilder, greener place
Emotions, feelings, and attitudes of the figures, and the mood and atmosphere of the environment: Ms. Kitty is sad and pensive, there is an obvious air of regret and resignation about her posture. At the same time there is resignation, with no going back on her resolve to move on.
Mental: sighing, realization that there is nothing to be done, the previous situation cannot be saved, resignation, a decision to move on
Spirit: turning to a new path after coming to the end of the line, the moment of recognition that something that meant the world to you is no longer a viable part of your life, turning away as an act of will
Emotional: regret, resignation, resolve, recognition, sadness - yet acting from one's better nature, leaving a relationship,
Physical: going on the wagon, pruning back a lifestyle of excess, moving house to another place, having finished school (with lots of partying) moving house for work, leaving home as a young adult, making dramatic lifestyle changes for the sake of one's health
Soul: realizing that one needs to make a change, and resolving to make it, the need to cultivate a more natural spiritual path
Business: leaving a successful enterprise to go out on your own, quitting a job that once was fulfilling, realizing that it is time to shutter your business and move on to another line of work, taking retirement
Relationship(s): divorce, marital separation, 50 ways to leave your lover, leaving a relationship without another one lined up, all of the above with regrets and resignation
Beneficial: you've seen the light, your life situation requires something fresh and new for you to thrive, you have the inner strength to make the changes you need, and though it will be emotionally difficult, you are determined to make a successful change in your life
Problematic: there's no use, you have to leave the relationship/work situation/other in order to survive, it's not going to be easy but you really have no choice in the matter, and you have to do it by yourself.
Passing Influence: You saw the light and left a situation that you'd outgrown, it was very difficult, but you are much stronger as a consequence.
The Situation: you've realized that if nothing changes, then nothing changes - and you've resolved to move forward with your life. The path ahead stretches as far as the eye can see. Where do you go from here?
Hidden influence: your regret and longing are holding you back from moving on with your life, you must make major changes in your situation
Advice: it's time to move on. Look to your own self-interest, chart your own course, find what nurtures your Self and move toward it
Foundation: you have an inkling that a certain situation has run its course, and you need to move on
Gift of the Universe: all good things must come to an end - so more good things can come
Outcome: at the end, you will make the decision to leave this situation, once it was good for you and contributed to your health, but now it is holding you back. The path ahead is clear, and even though it will be hard to leave, you will find yourself in a much better place in the end.

GryffinSong

I find this image to be so peaceful, serene, and lovely. She seems to me to be moving on to a better place. There's light out at the end of the tunnel, and although she's slightly looking back, it feels as if she's committed and at peace with moving on. If anything, she seems a bit wistful about the past and what she's leaving behind, but isn't that so often the way when we make major changes?

This could easily be one of my favorite cards in this deck, and in most decks this eight does little for me.