Animal Wise Tarot - Coyote-Fool-0

Emily

Animal Wise Tarot

I decided to do the Coyote – Fool – 0

This will be the first card of my 3 month study, but it might overrun if I haven’t done all the cards. :)

The Coyote, the keywords on this card are ‘Wisdom and Folly’. I’ve read the book read up on the Coyote but I also want to focus on the image.

I see a coyote who might be full of wisdom or folly. He is standing erect, his ears are pricked and he is listening. He is facing forward and his eyes look off into the distance, he has already been on a journey, he is panting slightly. He has stopped to check around himself. The rocks he stands balanced on are uneven, his front paws are steady but his back are not quite on a firm footing. He has to be careful on this rocky ground, his paws and legs are delicate. He seems to be wondering whether to carry on with his present direction or go off into the direction his eyes are facing. Its took him a while to get where he is because of the uneven ground, having to pick his way across. But he’s an intelligent animal, he has to be to survive.

I think more might come. I enjoyed that :)

Ivy Rhiannon

Animal Wise Tarot

I decided to do the Coyote – Fool – 0

This will be the first card of my 3 month study, but it might overrun if I haven’t done all the cards. :)

The Coyote, the keywords on this card are ‘Wisdom and Folly’. I’ve read the book read up on the Coyote but I also want to focus on the image.

I see a coyote who might be full of wisdom or folly. He is standing erect, his ears are pricked and he is listening. He is facing forward and his eyes look off into the distance, he has already been on a journey, he is panting slightly. He has stopped to check around himself. The rocks he stands balanced on are uneven, his front paws are steady but his back are not quite on a firm footing. He has to be careful on this rocky ground, his paws and legs are delicate. He seems to be wondering whether to carry on with his present direction or go off into the direction his eyes are facing. Its took him a while to get where he is because of the uneven ground, having to pick his way across. But he’s an intelligent animal, he has to be to survive.

I think more might come. I enjoyed that :)

This is definatly coyote. I can seem him being spontaneous :D This was also in my Animals Divine deck as the fool as well. I am glad you like this deck so far. Looks interesting!

Emily

This is definatly coyote. I can seem him being spontaneous :D This was also in my Animals Divine deck as the fool as well. I am glad you like this deck so far. Looks interesting!

Thanks. :) I want to be pretty visual with this deck but last night I saw the first version of the Coyote Fool card and it's nothing at all like the second version that I have. So if anyone tries to compare my take with the first version image, well they're going to be wondering just how I managed to get the description that I have LOL

I think with future cards, I will just make a note if the images between decks are different.

Soaring Eagle

Description: A coyote is crossing a stream, carefully choosing his path as he is walking on the rocks. He is looking directly at us.

Keywords: Wisdom; Folly; Simplicity; Trust; Keen intelligence; Adaptive ability; Stimulate cooperation; Need for mental stimulation

My Interpretation: You are starting a new path, choose your way carefully. This is a time to use your wisdom and adaptive abilities to help you pursue a new goal. You may feel a need for mental stimulation during this time. Cooperation is the key to completing a large project during this time. This may be a reminder that you have been too serious, and need to look at life with a new innocence. You may be making things more complicated than they should be.

Thoughts/Points to Ponder: The coyote is the creator and trickster to the natives of the plains nations. He is kowledgeable, but doesn't use his knowledge as he should. He often relies on others to get things done. He is also very adaptable, and often hunts with other species.