Etruscan tarot study group anyone?

poopsie

I'd like to start a study group for the Etruscan Tarot Deck. I think it would be insightful and nice to hear from many who may have their own insights on how to interpret the different cards.

So far. the literature I have is the Etruscan Tarot Booklet authored by Riccardo Minetti, copyrighted by Lo Scarabeo.

I would love to hear other discussions and if possible researches. I learned that the Etruscan Tarot also lifted its characters not only from the Etruscan Tombs but also from Greek mythology and other ancient civilizations.

Here's my second take -- anyone interested to pitch in for an Etruscan Study group?

poopsie

Etruscan Tarot Study Group, Anyone interested?

I'd like to start a study group for the Etruscan Tarot Deck. I think it would be insightful and nice to hear from many who may have their own insights on how to interpret the different cards.

So far. the literature I have is the Etruscan Tarot Booklet authored by Riccardo Minetti, copyrighted by Lo Scarabeo.

I would love to hear other discussions and if possible researches. I learned that the Etruscan Tarot also lifted its characters not only from the Etruscan Tombs but also from Greek mythology and other ancient civilizations.

Here's my second take -- anyone interested to pitch in for an Etruscan Study group?

AJ

Hi Poopsie, I've followed your interest in this deck, I'm glad you like it well enough to make a study of it.

Do you have the saying there "if you build it, they will come"?
Go ahead and ask Sulis to set it up for you, and then just start going through the card and posting your thoughts as time permits.

Sometimes it will feel like you are on the playground all by yourself, but that is kind of how the study groups work, even the ones that are working quite popular decks. The beauty of the work that goes into a study group is that it is always there, for the next person to add to, perhaps several years down the line.

poopsie

Hi AJ,

Thanks for the words of encouragement. Will ask Sulis to set up so I can start talking to myself. hehehe

AJ

I sent you a PM but will also say here you've made a beautiful start. As of now the Fool has already had 17 views. Some of those will be yours, but just think, you've opened the view of the Etruscan Fool to 15 people who'd probably never given it a thought before.

One of the things I found interesting in my research when using the deck was how the Romans, supposedly so advanced, co-opted much from the earlier Etruscan period.

Good luck on your journey!

annik

Great! I'm interested! It will be a good excuse to use this deck again and gain different insight on the cards.