Faery Wicca Study Group

magpie9

Thank you for those conpanionable words...I was stating to feel like a miserable grump about my lack of progress with the book!

I think the weird words and weird spellings (stranger than mine?) (Nah!) are supposed to be runic, but I don't think I know that alphabet.....it's not quite the runes I'm aware of.
Well, foreward Ho ! into the Learning experience!! :)

paradoxx

ogham

http://www.pixelations.com/ogham/index2.html
neat little web based orace, applies to the Faery Wicca and Sacred Circle Tarots in some interesting ways.

I purchased the mini slip case edition of this tarot and its book has a pronounciation guide that works rather well (I find myself mimiking a celtic/scootish/english/irish voice to say it as correct as possible). My only problem is that i have never been able to find the cards i want right away, this small mini-book is difficult to read sometimes and does in fact see limited, but i fits the Faery motif, just wish it had a little more to it.

The titles of the minor arcania are very telling and spill over into the photo based Sacred Circle Tarot due to Gallec/Celtic Origins. The faery magick is poetic and does invoke a special meaning to the card especialy when inquiring about matters of life, death, rebirth, and all the spirituality that encompasses all.

My 3 favorite cards
of the major arcania:13-the bansee crone (and her crown of autum leaves) 15-the old one (flanked by two pillars one crowned with a cross, the other a cup), 16 the tower (leaving behind the physical elements and taking the risk of flying rather than falling)
of the court cards: Ridere of Domhan and the ridere of aer (both of these cards have the annier [daugter/sister]in the background of the picture) Rider of Uice-i have a friend who looks like this figure.

Of the minors-all of them, this is a story told over time in the pictures that are of. I refuse to place any of the journey cards (that is what they are, the journey of the tarot thorugh the eyes of a Faery Wiccan) above eachother for many reasons.

to whom it may concern (you know who you are)
If there are individual links for the cards seperetly, then you should insert them into this post for easy access. just a suggestion.

siouxj73

bump!

I've just purchased this deck and am absolutely smitten (although I have no idea about most of it!). Is there anyone around who would like to discuss it?

CelticGirl

Hi siouxj73. I would love to study this deck with you and any others who would like to. A friend of mine showed me this deck a while ago and of course I had to run out and buy it. I LOVE Irish history and myths, so I loved looking at the cards and recalling the stories behind them. I have never read with this deck, but maybe after some studies with it I will be able to do some readings with it! :)

siouxj73

Hi CelticGirl! Thanks for your post - I thought I was going to be on my own for a while there!

How would you like to go about it? Shall we look at one card a week or fortnight, starting with the major arcana? We can post our thoughts, feelings research and then discuss?

Let me know what you think.

CelticGirl

siouxj73 said:
Hi CelticGirl! Thanks for your post - I thought I was going to be on my own for a while there!

How would you like to go about it? Shall we look at one card a week or fortnight, starting with the major arcana? We can post our thoughts, feelings research and then discuss?

Let me know what you think.

Sure thing! I'll pick a card to start with and post another thread. I think there is already a post for the 00 card in this forum. I know it's out of order, but I want to start with the 8th card in the major arcana, because I like the story that goes along with it. I'll go post it now... :)

TwistedFae

Wanting to join...or is it too late?

I just got this deck a few days ago. I am drawn to this deck but I don't really know much about it. I traded a book for it and what I got is the deck and a small book which isn't like the white little book that comes with every deck. It's in pretty good condition and I have done three readings which were pretty acurate. I really like this deck but I am new to faery wicca. I've read a few books here and there but not enough. So any help would really be nice.

~twistedfae

siouxj73

Hi TwistedFae,

We kind of got started and then stalled. There is an index thread which will link you to the cards we've looked at so far (only a couple). I've got some holidays coming up next week and I'm ready to dive in again. More than happy for any contribution you care to make!!

Cheers!!!

Sue.

TwistedFae

Alright, I will be checking back then. ^_^

Right now I am reading the book the came with it. Does anyone have a suggestion for books that might help?

~twistedfae

Muir Aingeal

I was going to toss this deck into the bag that I have for sale but for some reason at the very last minute I decided to fish it out and have another look. Despite the fluffy name and unusual tradition something about this deck intrigues me enough to want to hold onto it. I wonder if anyone has had any success with studying it and if so, are there hidden depths to it beyond the obvious?

I remember when I received this deck in the post, it came along with Celtic deck that I had ordered which became a fast favorite and still is so, I think I will keep a hold of it for now and maybe attempt to study it later on down the road, if possible.