Do you believe in Transits?

Joywalker

I'm a beginner in learning Astrology.

I love the way a chart shows.It gives you a depth of the one's personality or even the psychology.

What I don't understand it's the way people uses transits to explain/complain about their problems/misfortune.(husband leaving due to venus retrogade,lost job due to saturn transiting in his chart etc.)

In other forums,I've seen postings where people blame certain transits for their situations.It makes me feel uncomfortable. Should transits be used,to interpret everyday happening, in this way?

Would like to hear opinions from others. :)

Minderwiz

Transits are neither good nor bad per se and in any case should not be blamed as a cause of anything. We all have free will and can make our own decisions. If someone's husband leaves them its not due to a transit but to the way the relationship has been managed (by both partners).

What a transit can do is to act as a stimulator to our natal potential - thus Venus transiting one of the planets in a grand trine may coincide with a feeling of energy and the ability to succeed. Saturn transiting a planet in a grand cross may coincide with a period when there appear to be obstacles and difficulties to overcome.

Whether we actually use the energy to good effect in the first case or whether we get stuck in and work our way out of the 'trouble' in the second case is down to us.

If we are continually blaming transits for misfortunes then we are likely to give up and not try to confront our problems - in such cases the chances that our partner will also give up on the relationship are greatly increased.

Finally, most transits pass without us even knowing them. Transits of the outer planets take longer and may be more noticable but unless you have issues that you want to explain or you are looking for a good time to do something important it isn't worth bothering about them.

Best wishes

Minderwiz

Joywalker

Thank you ,Minderwiz,for clearing this misunderstanding I have about transits. :)

So I guess if I want to move to a new place,it's best to check out the best time to do so,using transits! :D

Keslynn

As far as moving, there's a special sort of astrology for that. Basically, it determines what sorts of potentials you would experience in the new place. I believe that it's basically taking your birth chart and changing the location to where you want to move. In other words, time and date would be the same but the place would be a different. At least I think so... Minderwiz would know better than me.

:) Kes

Minderwiz

What you are referring to is Astrocartography. The technique is rather complicated but, if for example you wanted to further your career prospects by having, say Jupiter on the cusp of your tenth House then you have to find the location (latitude and longitude) that would put Jupiter at this position for your date and time of birth. You then move there.

Apart from problems like this could be in the middle of the Pacific Ocean, improving your prospects in one area may weaken them in other areas - you might now have Uranus or Neptune in your Seventh House of partnerships and find that as a result of the better career prospects your relationships easily break up or suffer from misunderstandings.

This process doesn't actually give a good time to move - only a (possibly) good place to move to. Timing could be done through transits or through Electional Astrology - which looks for auspicious times to start particular ventures.

Best wishes

Joywalker

Sounds really complicated! :D

OK,I was wondering,is it possible to have a study thread on synastry? or is it too much for a beginner like me?

Think there might be some interest,but we just need someone to teach us. :)

Minderwiz

Synastry is not particularly complicated but it does take quite some time to do - I'll put a thread out on the basics and then you can ask any questions you like to take us forward

Fuzzmello

Anyway, speaking of transits

I order mine every year. It sure pays off when things get extremely easy or extremely whacky to have some idea of what's going on!

I use Robert Hand's "Planets in Transit" as my source.

I recently ordered an annotated transit report from http://artcharts.com\index.html that I'm very satisfied with. That's a great site to learn about transits, by the way. She's very generous with information and makes really nice forecasts.

Fuzz

Joywalker

Hi Fuzz,

I actually did make an online order for the Robert Hand's book through B&N,but they end up sending me the wrong book!!
so I never really got the chance to read a good professionally written book on transits.

Yep,I do occasionally visits www.artcharts.com but have yet to order any sort of paid reports.Always try to get free reports whenever possible. :D

Minderwiz

I also use Rob Hand's book - and it is well worth the investment. Whether this still represents his current views is somewhat debatable but for most of us its an excellent starting point.