Mel's Old Fashioned Pips & Courts and Homemade Baked Goods

Bernice

YEP! It works. Thanks Mel.

Bee :)

Flavio

Mel:
Thank you very much for sharing this 3 card all-purpose spread. I was wondering how would you apply it when the Quesited is some attitude, habit or pattern of the Querent? for example, the Quesited is a drinking problem or drug abuse the Querent wants to quit, would you handle it as in previous example about making furniture?

Here is one example in the hopes to explain myself clearer, the Querents wants to quit smoking by pure force of will and wants to know if he will succeed.

Card #1 (The Querent) = LE SOLEIL
Card #2 (The Quesited) = LE DIABLE
Card #3 (How they interact) = Ace of Batons

The Querent feels optimistic about his intention but the habit is deep rooted in him, quitting will represent a huge effort, as I see it, his will is not enough to quit smoking.

Was it right? thank you very much for your comments.

SolSionnach

Flavio said:
Mel:
Thank you very much for sharing this 3 card all-purpose spread. I was wondering how would you apply it when the Quesited is some attitude, habit or pattern of the Querent? for example, the Quesited is a drinking problem or drug abuse the Querent wants to quit, would you handle it as in previous example about making furniture?

Here is one example in the hopes to explain myself clearer, the Querents wants to quit smoking by pure force of will and wants to know if he will succeed.

The Querent feels optimistic about his intention but the habit is deep rooted in him, quitting will represent a huge effort, as I see it, his will is not enough to quit smoking.

Wow. Great spread, spot on!

Ace/Batons - the worst card in the Batons suit, which is about *laboring*. It will be a very difficult time, hard hard work, but see, the Querent is the *sun* card. While that could indicate a 'sunny' attitude about his endeavor, it could just as easily mean that he needs a 'buddy' - someone to share the so-called adventure of quitting smoking.

I wouldn't say that he could not do it, just that it will be quite difficult. Throw another spread, looking at outcomes if he joins a support group or some such?

Flavio

sravana said:
I wouldn't say that he could not do it, just that it will be quite difficult. Throw another spread, looking at outcomes if he joins a support group or some such?
Thank you for the comment, unfortunately the spread was "designed" as an example to confirm how to deal with such Quesited issues, anyway given the "individual effort" outcome and the buddy in LE SOLEIL is a great idea to make a new spread for "grupal effort" Thank you!

Bernice

Hello Flavio,

It's interesting that both the Querent and Quesited are Fire cards, taken from Mels descriptions:

"Fire is; divisive and rigid, quick reacting and long of duration. The Fire type would be ambitious, dynamic, decisive, independent, impulsive, short-tempered, proud, dictatorial, and unforgiving."

Looks as if the Querent is is all fired up and ready to go.

And the Interactive card has the nickname of 'Obsession'... so as has been said, a long labouring haul. Additionally it's a fusion of Fire & Earth = "The negative dignity makes this card unreceptive, inflexible and laborious."

Seems to me that if the Querent were to quit smoking (at this time), he/she would be too deeply engrossed in the exercise, to the exclusion of all else! Perhaps not the best way to foster a complete dis-interest in 'smoking'.

Not sure if a group participation would appeal - or be suitable - there's a lot of Fire here, the Querent looks like a 'loner'.

Bee :)

Melanchollic

Flavio said:
Mel:

Spot on Flavio! That's how I would have read it.

Bee, I noticed the 'heavy' fire here too. Where there's smoke there's fire.... hehe.. :D

The interesting thing is - if the quesited was a more dignified card, the 'obsession' of the Ace of Batons might roll the other way. The querent becomes obsessed with quitting.

Bernice

Mel said:
The interesting thing is - if the quesited was a more dignified card, the 'obsession' of the Ace of Batons might roll the other way. The querent becomes obsessed with quitting.
Well.... hmmm.... that's what I thought, with the spread as it is! Because the Interaction card is 'obsession'.... (However Mel has said it far better in a shorter/pithy way :)).

Am I 'reading' this spread round the wrong way? There are times when I need a ciggy to clear my head......... :) :):

Bee

Melanchollic

Bernice said:
Well.... hmmm.... that's what I thought, with the spread as it is! Because the Interaction card is 'obsession'.... (However Mel has said it far better in a shorter/pithy way :)).

Am I 'reading' this spread round the wrong way? There are times when I need a ciggy to clear my head......... :) :):

Bee

It really depends on how 'bad' one judges the Devil. It is the worst card in the Trumps in my system. So two 'bad' cards vs. one 'good' card.. The negative wins.

Flavio

Melanchollic said:
Spot on Flavio! That's how I would have read it.

Bee, I noticed the 'heavy' fire here too. Where there's smoke there's fire.... hehe.. :D

Thank you Mel for the confirmation and additional insights on the reading's takes.

cardlady22

Knock, knock. Yoo hoo! Mel?

I brought some of my granny's pound cake with the crumbliest crust you've ever had melt away in your mouth. And a side scoop of the old-style home churned vanilla ice cream. (that was grandpapa's department)

Two for twos, right?