Others touching my cards

Sophie

closrapexa said:
Oh, please. I'm tired of all the deifying of a deck of cards. Granted, the deck is important to us, and we use to unlock many of our secrets, and it really lends a hand in our personal developement. but why be so paranoid? It's only a few peices of paper, not your private parts.
closrapexa, you deify your private parts! :rolleyes: :laugh: You must have something to show off! (don't worry, I shan't try and touch them :D)

aquanesha - energy affects everything, not only tarot decks. Read your science manuals, you will see that matter is energy, that means your dishes and washing up liquid are full of energy, though you still have to do the washing up yourself if you want the dishes to get clean. Likewise, the cards have energy, but without your mind and heart to read them, you don't have a tarot reading. If you allow your washing up to be done by someone else, you are also allowing that person's energy to contaminate (or is that wash?) your plates. Matter is energy everywhere and in anything - but it is the thought and intention you invest in it that gives you a different feeling about your deck than about your washing up liquid and dishes. From that perspective, if someone touching your cards disturbs the intent you have invested in them, then you are better off not having other people touch them, because it will bother you, and you will lose your focus when you read.

jumptothemoonyea

someone, somewhere said that thoughts, emotions, feelings are energy too, and leave imprints on everything they are touching :) and there is this positive and negative qi or chi everywhere too, can you feel it?

the big Question would be: Is Divination affected by these energy imprints? (good or not soo good)

As to touching: some like to touch some not, some are very sensitive some not

ps I do not like others touching my cards, but if they do it is not big deal, can be cleaned :D

Zephyros

Helvetica said:
closrapexa, you deify your private parts! :rolleyes: :laugh: You must have something to show off! (don't worry, I shan't try and touch them :D)

Actually what I meant was that people shouldn't be as protective of their cards as they are of their private parts.

As to mine... no comment;)

lucky star

I see nothing wrong with somebody else shuffling your deck if you are going to give them a reading. You're giving them a reading aren't you? Surely it figures that they should touch the deck!

I'm not saying you should leave your decks out on show for everybody and anybody to handle them - that would be plain daft. (I know of somebody who threw away a pack of cards because her daughter had been shuffling them = mad!!)

I think its these kind of attitudes that conjur up an image of the tarot deck being "contagious" ("contagious" meaning that you are somehow going to get their fate afterwards) - just because somebody touched them! However I will admit that if I found out that somebody had been handling my cards without me being there - I wouldn't like it.

NightQueen

if im doing a reading for a person whos wants the cards read for a freind or family member then only i shuffle the cards and handle them, but when im doing a reading for a person who is with me i let them shuffle the cards 3 times and cut them and thats it i dont like my cards being handled by others anymore than they need to be

Tiana Elari

To touch or not to touch

I have solved this problem by using one deck that can be handled by anyone for my readings with clients and a separate deck or in my case decks which are for my personal use only and are not handled by anyone else. I also use Angel cards in my readings and these are only shuffled by me. I agree that some clients have a problem shuffling and seem to think they are in a poker game.

Judy

Morwenna

I don't have a problem with others handling my cards. I have querents shuffle; I've lent out decks in workshops I've attended; I've shown some to people and let them handle them. I think I'd have a problem only if someone handled them without my permission, but the chances of that happening are, at this time, extremely rare.

Hight Priestess

The cards picking up on someone who is not present

For now I have been shuffling and letting the querent cut. On occasion I will let someone shuffle if they are familiar with tarot but it is a situational thing, if I feel comfortable with them handling my deck. Maybe with time I will feel more comfortable letting others shuffle my deck. I know it can be damaging to the cards but I guess then you just get another deck eventually.

I recently did a reading for a friend who is well versed in tarot. I let her shuffle in whatever manner suited her and the reading went very well. Afterwards I wanted to draw for myself but found the cards were not reading for me, they were picking up on someone else who works in the space we were in, the reading was coming up for her, not me. It was creepy.

nisaba

Hight Priestess said:
Afterwards I wanted to draw for myself but found the cards were not reading for me, they were picking up on someone else who works in the space we were in, the reading was coming up for her, not me. It was creepy.
So shuffle them briefly to reset them.

I'm often quite surprised by people who are so insecure about their relationship with a deck that they can envision (and therefore enable) it to be disrupted when someone else has contact. That's just really strange, to me. Literally thousands of people, of all kind,s likeable and unlikeable, mystical and mundane, have shuffled my cards. And because I am confident of them, it doesn't matter a damn - they *always* read well.

Rev_Vesta

Hi...
Everyone always touches my cards......whether they are the querant having a reading or someone just being a nosey..........

everyone time i go to do a readng for myself or someone else i reshuffle, visulaize a cleansing and a quick consecrate blessing.....

If I am doing a market or fair, lots of readings one after the other.. i knock the cards 3 times, knocks out their vibrations and resets it ready for use.....

I don't get to wound up in it all though......

each to their own.. this works for me.....

take care
Vesta