The Star and the Nine of Cups

.traveller.

Would these two cards together emphasize their positive attributes or bring out more of their negative connotations? Also, would the Star tend to strengthen (protect) the nine if the nine was ill-dignified by proximity?

willowfox

Both very positive cards, upright.

If the 9 cups was reversed then the Star would give hope that the bad aspects could be overcome given time.

Is that what you meant?

Thirteen

.traveller. said:
Would these two cards together emphasize their positive attributes or bring out more of their negative connotations?
Why would you think that together they'd bring out negative aspects? I'm just wondering where that thought came from, as it would never occur to me to read these cards, together, as somehow undermining each other's positive elements.

I would read them together as saying that personal fulfillment, and present contentment (and/or the support and love of family and friends) is having a healing effect, and offering hope for the future.

9/Cups is also, sometimes, read as a card about good health and healing, so you could read the two together as a very positive message about getting over any physical/psychological or emotional wounds/illnesses.

Seafra

Thirteen said:
Why would you think that together they'd bring out negative aspects? I
Because they wondered. ...

willowfox

Traveller were you talking about 9 cups reversed when you said if the 9 cups was ill dignified?

balenciaga

If the 9 of cups was ill-dignified in proximity to the Star, the only positive meaning would be "hoping" and "wishing" for a good outcome. Mere wishing and hoping does not make a wish (9 cups Rx or other ill-dignified state) come true, unfortunately.

.traveller.

Sorry I didn't get back sooner... it was late when I posted and I went to bed shortly after.
I don't use reversals, therefore I use elemental dignities to determine if something is favorable or unfavorable.
I have to go do the grocery shopping now, but I will be back to respond to posts in a few.

willowfox

.traveller. said:
I don't use reversals, therefore I use elemental dignities to determine if something is favorable or unfavorable.

Then these two cards together are like Thirteen said, very good.

.traveller.

willowfox said:
Both very positive cards, upright.

If the 9 cups was reversed then the Star would give hope that the bad aspects could be overcome given time.

Is that what you meant?

Yes, in a sense, that was what I was getting at. So any other cards possibly following would show the way to overcome the negative aspects, in theory.

.traveller.

Thirteen said:
Why would you think that together they'd bring out negative aspects? I'm just wondering where that thought came from, as it would never occur to me to read these cards, together, as somehow undermining each other's positive elements.

I would read them together as saying that personal fulfillment, and present contentment (and/or the support and love of family and friends) is having a healing effect, and offering hope for the future.

9/Cups is also, sometimes, read as a card about good health and healing, so you could read the two together as a very positive message about getting over any physical/psychological or emotional wounds/illnesses.

Not so much negative in themselves, but more the environment that they appear in. The Star often heralds a time when things are so bleak that you need to hang onto that hope, that Star to make it through. Or, if you are in the middle of a rough time, the Star could be saying to keep the faith and you'll make it through. The nine is very much dependent, in my mind, upon it's surroundings. So those were the kind of thoughts I was having, which lead me to wonder about the positive/negative issue.

Healing... yes, that is something I am wishing for. So with the nine being ill dignified, this healing will take longer than I would like but will eventually happen.
Thank you, I had forgotten about the health and healing aspect.