Just watched Chemical Wedding

Lleminawc

What a farrago. Still, it's always fun to watch Simon Callow chewing the scenery and he does so here with absolute commitment. And he gave me a novel idea for dealing with inattentive students ...

Grigori

I got that impression from the trailers, looks like a lot of fun to watch, but not anything spectacular otherwise. Was this at a cinema Lleminawc? I keep hoping its rushed to DVD release so we'll get to see it down here.

Lleminawc

No, it's out on DVD here in the UK. It had a very limited theatrical release.

Grigori

Ah thanks Lleminawc! I'd been checking the Australian and US sites, but not any UK ones. Have a copy on its way, just have to wait 8-12 business days :D

ravenest

Awaiting your review with great expectations.

Aeon418

I've got it on DVD. Essentially it's a comedic romp that uses the legend of Crowley as it's main source of inspiration. The story is a little bit weak though.

My own subtitle for the movie is Carry on Crowley. You have to be familiar with British comedy to get that one though. :D

Lleminawc

Aeon418 said:
My own subtitle for the movie is Carry on Crowley. You have to be familiar with British comedy to get that one though. :D
Indeed, it's a shame Sid James wasn't available to play the Beast.

Grigori

Just finished it. It didn't really do much for me. I didn't hate it, and would watch it again if someone was wanting company while they watched it, but I wasn't fussed either way really.

There was a few giggles, with a couple of Crowley references and *cough* that lecture :laugh: But it wasn't much of a horror flick, and not much about Crowley, and so not much of interest...

Shame really, its stormy here tonight and I was home alone. Would have been a good night for something actually scary :(

Lleminawc

The Devil Rides Out was also loosely based on Crowley and is far superior to this effort.

Perdurabo

I liked it. Pretty amusing I thought, Simon Callow was great and the whole quantum Schrodingers Cat bit at the end tickled my fancy also.
Up The Irons!