The Quest Tarot study group

BC Hockey Mom

I GOT IT!!

Hi everyone!!

I JUST got my deck last night...now need time to sit down with it...maybe a minute before Hockey tonight...Anyway...It's beautiful and I love it so far!!

Do I have to do anything with it?...I've never had a deck before and wanted to know if there's anything special I have to do with it before using it OR just start??...

Am sure I'll have a million questions as I get started!!...Sure glad there's a study group here!!

Thanks!
JOe-Anne

LaLaBella

Some people have to go through elaborate preparations. I just spend a couple of hours looking at all of the cards, read enough of the book to get the thought processes that went into the creation of the deck, then start using the deck.

JosephMartin

Glad you received your Deck!

My belief is that everything works through our direct intent. It is our focusing of our energies that create the magic.

One of my teachers also told me to remember that it is not the tools.... that it is always you that makes the magic happen.

With that said, there are things you can do to assist your experience with the Quest Tarot.

I find that creating rituals surrounding my work with the deck increases the power of the experience I have when doing a reading.

One of the things I have done for the past 15 years, is how I shuffle. This is in the book also but for those without a book I let you in on my technique.

I like working in three(s). I take the deck and take the top third and place it on the table. Then take the next third, turn it 180 degrees and set it on the pile on the table. then I take the last third and place it on top of the pile. I do this three times.

This mixes and "re-orients" the cards. I've had great success with this and always do this to reset the deck.

While I'm shuffling, I repeat this thought in my head. "I ask for the wisdom of my guides of Christ conciousness and higher to flow through me so that I can help (this person) stay on their best path for this lifetime."

There is more I do, but this is a great way to get started.

yours in the cards,
Joseph

BC Hockey Mom

Wow Joseph!!

Thanks for your input!!...I've only gotten about 5 minutes to myself so far and have only read the introduction of the book....Thank you for what you described about the way you shuffle the deck....I will play with that and see how it works for me!!

This is SO WONDERFUL having the author of my very first deck here to talk to!!...THANK you for taking the time to give your input!!

Joe-Anne

Logiatrix

more about the "blank card"...

i've already come to use the blank card as it is--that new way, as presented here by Joseph...
Joseph, i find that, in your book, you DO guide the reader to try the card "as is". if i recall correctly, it was the last paragraph of the section "Some Final Thoughts on the Blank Card" that actually summarized the meaning of this card for me. i don't have my book with me (i'm at work), but i'll make sure that's where i saw it in the book, and ammend this post accordingly.
anyway, i felt that you provided a solid definition of your Blank Card there, so that it makes sense to me to keep it blank.

Khatruman

Jumping in

Ok, my deck is now complete and I feel comfortable in beginning to use it (my deck came missing three cards, the Father and Mother of Stones and the Blank card), hmmm, wonders what the message is...

In any case, Llewellyn just sent me replacements, so I am ready to go. On our first item of discussion, I am going to try using the blank card as others have stated, as a mystery card. I, too, come to divination via the runes and always like the idea of the blank message..the mystery, or I also like to call it The Ghost.

Plus, I am artistically inept, so there you are... :D

Wisp Wings

Hope can be an established, constant thread

Hello Sunflower:

So very glad you started this "Quest Tarot Study" thread and I dearly hope it is allowed (however that is decided), for it to be a constant thread having its own home. :) It would get a thumbs up from me!

Bright Blessings,

Ginny

Wisp Wings

Question for Joseph

Hi Joseph:

I dearly, dearly love your deck. Thank you a million for having the insight and guidance, plus talent to have made such a deck.

The question I have, is you brought up resetting the deck. I always note when opening a new deck the manner that they are ordered so as to reset them as the same. However where there is an authored deck that re-orders differently than the usual to start with -- which your deck is.... well I noticed the company didn't place the order the same as your preference is. So I took that it is best to re-order/reset the Quest as you have them listed in the Compass. Am I right to think this is the order that you use in resetting your deck?

I have changed my shufffling of all my decks to the manner you use. It is a wonderful way to natural work the shuffling. Also the manner you told to turn the card for placement is different than what I was doing before.

One last thing, I am so happy you take the time away from your busy life to note the people using your deck and make the time to talk with us. On behave of all of us that I know have to feel the same, a big, big heart felt "Thank you Sir.

Bright Blessings,

LadyGinny

BC Hockey Mom

To Joseph: In response to Ladyginny's comment and thank you...I would like to add a big, big, heartfelt "DITTO"!!!! Thank you so much!!

BC Hockey Mom

Haniel

I've had my Quest Tarot deck . . .

. . . for almost one week now, have read the book, checked of Joseph's website, but: i've not actually done a reading with them, yet (I do read everyday but with this particular Tarot deck--for some reason, I realy Do Note Know, exactly--because: usually, I will Jump Right In with a New Deck!), however: I am glad to find this Study Group!

Also, I am used to an other Celtic Cross Spread.