What Kind of Career is represented by the Moon?

PentQueen

hippiewitchie said:
Hmm Maybe the card is simply telling you to follow your intuition?

Yes, I would agree! But I also wonder if it's hinting to a specific vocation...

rwcarter said:
In stage plays there usually isn't enough room (or funds) for a full ensemble of props, so I could see the scene on the moon as a backdrop with the performers in front of it. And I can see someone acting/singing about needing to move on and go through the pillars and follow the path to see where it takes them.

Ah, I can totally see this...nice/creative interpretation!

Basic Elements said:
Cheese maker.

lol. I do love cheese.

le fey

I like the suggestions already offered and will add..something that is seasonal (has a busy time and a period of haitus)... maybe teacher with its summer vacation or, ohh...construction work where there are cyclical periods of downtime.

(in general not suggesting that exact job to you)

But one advantage of seasonal work is that the downtime can be used for creative pursuits like writing.

nisaba

Basic Elements said:
Cheese maker.
<laughter> I can *see* that!

Green cheese can be made by making a yellow aged cheese then doing the blue-vein thingie ...

Baroli

nisaba said:
<laughter> I can *see* that!

Green cheese can be made by making a yellow aged cheese then doing the blue-vein thingie ...

That's the mold. :laugh:

Baroli

Seriously, the career path may be mysterious and could signify that you would be working at night. Hmmmm, security comes to mind. A night watchman? or a secret agent?

Or if you are looking at it from a full moon aspect, where lunacy abounds, then you could be perhaps a budding artist. It has been said that artists are moody (I can attest as a musician).

le fey

Another thought with those dogs and crab... something to do with animals?

veterinarian
pet psychologist (hehe)
oceanographer
dog trainer

enchanted_dreams

I first thought the moon to be something of a poet maybe? Or maybe it would be something related to psychology - counselor especially. Or a writer, artist...professions that are more in touch with the unconscious mind.

nisaba

Baroli said:
Seriously, the career path may be mysterious and could signify that you would be working at night. Hmmmm, security comes to mind. A night watchman? or a secret agent?
Why is everyone pussyfooting around?

Or a smuggler, I say, or an assassin. Both of whom work by the light of the moon.

In 1979, when I was working in the Australian Taxation Office, the income tax return of an assassin (he called himself a "paid marksman") crossed my desks. In those days, secrecy and privacy was important, so we couldn't show the return to the police. In that year of income, he was paid $50,000 twice (a huge sum, in a time when you could live very well indeed on $10,000). Deductions he claimed as necessarily incurred in earning his income, to the best of my recollection, included such things as gun club membership, new guns, ammunition, travel expenses (his two targets were jet-setters), hotel accommodation, stake-out accommodation (flats he rented and put one folding chair in) etc etc.

He did the right thing. In those days, the Taxation Office's brief was to make sure people declared their income - all their income including the illegal bits - and that they got tax deductions for any portion of their income that was spent in earning their income. He spent bit in his line of work - but he got paid very, very big. We were amused, in fact, very amused. We showed his tax return around hte office to make sure the rest of us were amused as well. Then we assessed it as normal. He was allowed his deductions - they were all legitimate assassin expenses.

rainwolf

I always think of human emotions, behaviors, and tendencies with this card, so I think it would mean dealing with others or your own. Psychology is a given, but this is just a basis for many things. Even a teacher may relate to this card as many times you have to work with students on a non-academic level. Perhaps instead of telling you the line of work, it is hinting at the conditions around it or the personality of it.

ideely

The Moon and Career

Could it be that the Moon is suggesting the fear of the unknown that arrises when we make decisions like this? Rather than pointing to a certain job, the Moon may say that you are fearful of the decision or of the guidance you are receiving from your own intuition.