Alice in Wonderland Tarot *Ceng Xiaojing*

misfitknits

so i just got this amazing deck, and i absolutely love it. although it really is a rider *clone* in every sense of the word, there IS a lot of alice in wonderland symbolism in the deck that i don't understand.

i have to say that i have never read the book, any of them, and so these references mean nothing to me. i'm looking for someone who has this deck, or another alice in wonderland deck, OR someone who owns this deck that can read the companion which is written i believe in chinese!!

so, some of the things included are the rabbit, and those card guys that i believe are guards to the queen of hearts. if i need to be more specific for you to answer my questions, please let me know, and i will go through the deck, and i can also provide scans of some cards if need be.

if we find out that many people own this deck, perhaps we can start a study group on it!!

Storm82

could you show some pictures ?

Cerulean

Is this the one?

http://kathleenandthedreadedopium.com/alicemagazine/2010/03/alice-in-wonderland-manga-tarot-cards/

http://miracletarot.com/buy.php?Title=Alice in Wonderland Tarot

I do not read Chinese, so just have found the pictures delightful.

I got it a year or two ago and found it very pretty. Now that you mention it, I can think of it as a nice tribute to the "Year of the Rabbit" if I encounter any rabbits in the deck! I always think of Alice in Wonderland and the White Rabbit character...

But it's more a pretty picture tribute to tarot and I haven't used it much. I might play with it in the Spring.

Hope you enjoy your deck.

Cerulean

misfitknits

sorry i haven't been by in a while, i had an event which kept me occupied the last week!

yes, the deck cerulean posted is the one in question! i while i do agree that pictures are beautiful, and i also fell in love with them at first sight, i have to disagree that the art is just a tribute to tarot. i feel that the deck is just as usable in a reading than any other rider waite deck variant or clone. if you know the basics of RW, then you can read this deck, even though the pictures are a tad different in some.

and it seems as though i may have answered my own question there, but i want to know about the deck, is if there is any *added* meaning from the alice in wonderland angle? such as the rabbit showing up in some of the cards, or the little card "guards" i spoke about in the first post. i know enough about the tarot angle, but i know absolutely nothing about the alice in wonderland angle!!! and that is also why i asked about the book, i'm curious to know whether it contains just standard RW card meanings, or if it goes a little bit deeper into the alice in wonderland part of the deck....

and i want to add that this is a good deck for readings, i have in fact used it with great success!