Moon reversed in crowning thoughts?

CaliforniaVirgo

Hi all,

First off, I am using the gilded tarot.

I have been pondering this card all day. I did a spread for the month of June for a male friend wanting to see what he needs to know about his love life. In his crowning thoughts he had the moon in reverse. My experience seeing the moon is that it is deceptive, illusion, trickery, and not seeing things clearly. In reverse, I feel it's similar but to a lesser degree. Given this was in the position of crowning thoughts I figured maybe he is skeptical of someone OR he is not seeing his love life clearly?

I was sooo stumped that I drew a clarifier and got the 4 of pentacles. I took this to mean that he is probably very guarded and does not trust many, or won't for the month of June. I know he has a first date next week sometime so I feel this has to do with whoever this woman is.

I have never gotten this card in this position. Any ideas?

obeygravity

The Moon reversed tends to feel a lot more deceptive to me than when it's upright. When it's upright, it can be about confusion, disorientation, and just flat out being lost. But it can also be a card about relying on one's intuition in order to navigate an unfamiliar space. When it's reversed, it feels like a genuinely blinded card. You're not looking to listen to what your intuition is telling you, you're allowing yourself to walk right into traps and, well, outright looking to deceive yourself. It can also be about needing to take a break. Needing to pause from trying to search for an "answer" and spend time trying to see things that they may not necessarily want to see.

EmpyreanKnight

I think the Moon Rx suggests illusions dispelled, or hidden truths revealed. Maybe he would find something out soon enough, uncover something about himself (Moon Rx) that he may have known all along but tried so hard to cover. It would make him withdrawn and elusive, pondering about possible implications and maybe how to turn it to his advantage. In thinking about how to deal with it and what effect it would have on his love life, he's going to keep to himself a lot (4 of Pentacles).

CaliforniaVirgo

EmpyreanKnight and obeygravity,

Thank you both for your interpretations. I also can see the moon in reverse being very deceptive, more so than upright, but I have also heard it can lessen the effect, so it's very confusing.

I am trying to figure out how this relates to his love life. I asked what he needed to know regarding his love life for the month of June..so maybe through interacting with this woman, or others, he discovers something about himself? But what would it be that he would want to keep it closet to his chest?

The outcome card was even more confusing as it was 3 of pents. I always looked to this card as building a firm foundation; starting from the bottom. To me, this looked like he would possibly be getting to know someone but then the moon in reverse in his crowning thoughts just throws me...

Charlie Brown

hmmm

Thinking about Moon Rx specifically as a crowning thoughts card, could it mean that his thoughts are divorced from his intuition; that he's only using his conscious, logical mind? Relating to his love life, this could suggest that he's approaching people logically, as puzzles to be solved rather than forming intuitive connections and/or emotional bonds.

As far as the 3 of Pents, I generally see that foundation as being professional or physical, not necessarily the foundation for a romantic relationship (although perhaps for a marriage). I can agree with your assessment of it as "getting to know someone" but, given my interpretation of Moon Rx, perhaps he's getting to know them in the wrong way.

Padma

Hi all,

First off, I am using the gilded tarot.

I have been pondering this card all day. I did a spread for the month of June for a male friend wanting to see what he needs to know about his love life. In his crowning thoughts he had the moon in reverse. My experience seeing the moon is that it is deceptive, illusion, trickery, and not seeing things clearly. In reverse, I feel it's similar but to a lesser degree. Given this was in the position of crowning thoughts I figured maybe he is skeptical of someone OR he is not seeing his love life clearly?

I was sooo stumped that I drew a clarifier and got the 4 of pentacles. I took this to mean that he is probably very guarded and does not trust many, or won't for the month of June. I know he has a first date next week sometime so I feel this has to do with whoever this woman is.

I have never gotten this card in this position. Any ideas?

To me, the Moon reversed suggests completely out of touch with his emotions - or, guarding them far too much - not allowing anything in or out; afraid of getting burned, afraid of his own hopes. The 4 Pents confirms this, as in keeping everything to himself, not giving anything of himself away. His month of June shows no romantic promise, as he is afraid to show his emotions, or is completely out of touch with his needs. Wants, but cannot share, or is afraid to share. (imo).

Ace

It may mean he has a FANTASY of how he is in love relationships but it doesn't match his reality. A cruel example: a person who thinks he is a regular CASANOVA and sweeps women off their feet, while the reality is that he is shy, inept and women laugh at him.....to his face.

If he is not in a relationship, he must spend time looking at how he behaves with women. And to learn to be more real and less fake about himself. (A scene at the end of Owl and the Pussycat comes to mind. They both had fantasies in their own lives of how they were. At the end, the man (I think this was George Segal) introduces himself to the woman (Barbara Streisand) and tells who he REALLY is--a failed writer--but real. She in turn is forced to admit she is a prostitute. Then the REAL them goes off into the sunset.)

barb

CaliforniaVirgo

To me, the Moon reversed suggests completely out of touch with his emotions - or, guarding them far too much - not allowing anything in or out; afraid of getting burned, afraid of his own hopes. The 4 Pents confirms this, as in keeping everything to himself, not giving anything of himself away. His month of June shows no romantic promise, as he is afraid to show his emotions, or is completely out of touch with his needs. Wants, but cannot share, or is afraid to share. (imo).

Yes, I totally agree with the 4 of pentacles clarifying. I can see why he would be guarded too. He had a divorce years ago that really changed him, in my opinion. So, how do you feel about the 3 of pents as the outcome with his crowning thoughts? That although he is closed he is still trying to get to know someone? The 3 of pents to me is building...so I am trying to figure out if he is so closed how is he building...could this be a superficial relationship?

CaliforniaVirgo

It may mean he has a FANTASY of how he is in love relationships but it doesn't match his reality. A cruel example: a person who thinks he is a regular CASANOVA and sweeps women off their feet, while the reality is that he is shy, inept and women laugh at him.....to his face.

If he is not in a relationship, he must spend time looking at how he behaves with women. And to learn to be more real and less fake about himself. (A scene at the end of Owl and the Pussycat comes to mind. They both had fantasies in their own lives of how they were. At the end, the man (I think this was George Segal) introduces himself to the woman (Barbara Streisand) and tells who he REALLY is--a failed writer--but real. She in turn is forced to admit she is a prostitute. Then the REAL them goes off into the sunset.)

barb

Ahh! I never considered this. He does make a lot of money. His ex never used to work as he had enough to look after the family, with kids, and put her through school. He is not a good friend so I do not know him well enough but he drives a nice vehicle and has enough money for a nice life so that would make sense he could be a bit fake and materialistic.

Thank you for this take!

CaliforniaVirgo

Thinking about Moon Rx specifically as a crowning thoughts card, could it mean that his thoughts are divorced from his intuition; that he's only using his conscious, logical mind? Relating to his love life, this could suggest that he's approaching people logically, as puzzles to be solved rather than forming intuitive connections and/or emotional bonds.

As far as the 3 of Pents, I generally see that foundation as being professional or physical, not necessarily the foundation for a romantic relationship (although perhaps for a marriage). I can agree with your assessment of it as "getting to know someone" but, given my interpretation of Moon Rx, perhaps he's getting to know them in the wrong way.

I really like your take on this and it makes a lot of sense. He has been broken in the past and I feel perhaps that could be why he has a weird approach to love. Can I ask, what do you mean when you say getting to know them in the wrong way? For example, only looking at a person's job, how much money they make and their image? Is that what you meant?