Hana Fuda & Divination...

Bernice

Hi Kenji & people,

I've been laying out 3 or 4 cards at time, and trying out the meanings given in your post (#39). The following 3 cards total 20, two banner cards.

Plum(Banner) = Family + Peony (low) = Social Matters + Clover(Banner) = Health

It looks to be a nice message as there are two 10 point cards :), Health & Family. As it happens these are currently the most important issues, however Social Matters are involved with both but are of secondary consideration.

I'm thinking that if the higher ranking cards had appeared, the message would have been more than 'nice'. Probably 'very good' (or excellent).

I'll continue trying various ways for divination with these cards, and post here if I come up with anything else.

Bee :)

kenji

Bernice said:
Plum(Banner) = Family + Peony (low) = Social Matters + Clover(Banner) = Health

It looks to be a nice message as there are two 10 point cards :), Health & Family. As it happens these are currently the most important issues, however Social Matters are involved with both but are of secondary consideration.

I'm thinking that if the higher ranking cards had appeared, the message would have been more than 'nice'. Probably 'very good' (or excellent).

Hi Bee:)
The Japanese Hana-fuda reader I referred to says that Peony cards also mean "clothing/appearances". So, maybe such "external" elements in social matters should be emphasized as to Peonies... Only a casual thought:)

Bernice

kenji said:
Hi Bee:)
The Japanese Hana-fuda reader I referred to says that Peony cards also mean "clothing/appearances". So, maybe such "external" elements in social matters should be emphasized as to Peonies... Only a casual thought:)
kenji thank you for that :). It could also possibly cover attitudes or behaviour(?). i.e. smartly dressed "well-mannered" person. Or rather scruffy/rough individual (?)

MAYBE.... Invitations, parties, dining out....?

Bee :)

thinbuddha

And you can find quite a lot -- good and bad -- at eBay.
I would be at your service if you would like to choose a good one there;)

I have suddenly found that I must have a deck of these cards. Kenji- I would appreciate your input on how to avoid a bad deck. There are so many options on ebay and Amazon and I can't really tell much about them from the pictures. Of course I would love some of the cards from the link you posted, but I'm afraid that my max budget for this would be around $30... For now ;P

edit- I think I should say that, as you could probably guess, I would be very happy to find photo reproductions of antique decks, if any exist.