The Gothic Tarot by Vargo - Your favorite cards

WolfyJames

The Gothic Tarot by Vargo - Your favorites cards

Why not take a break from study and talk about something fun, our favorite cards, the ones you like the most, or are the most meaningful to you.

I don't have time for this now but I'll be back later to tell you which cards are my favorites.

WolfSpirit

I haven't had the deck for long so maybe I will change my mind...
I love the king of cups, the melancholy is captured beautifully.

I also love the queens, especially queen of wands and queen of swords, very powerful women.
i love the 4 of cups - looks like a party gone bad ;) and the 5 of cups is also a favourite, the whole composition of the card is just perfect.

WolfyJames

I have so many favorites cards...

0 - The Fool - What a strange and dark portal, would we have the courage to pass through? I don't think so. The person is so gloomy, with the wolf (I love wolves) replacing the dog. I think the scene fits well with the card.

V - The High Priest - Damn that Nosferatu scares me! I can't look the card longer than one second. I appreciate deeply his presence though, even if I can't look at him, and he's perfect as The High Priest, just read the concerned thread.

VI - The Lovers - This card is full of passion, sensuality and blood (even if we don't see any).

IX - The Hermit - Nosferatu again.

XI - Strengh - It's hard not to love this one, her playing with the elements with the gargoyle on her side.

XIII - Death - The Death Card is the card I love the most in Tarot, if that card in a deck is not good then, I don't like the deck. I really love this one, with its vegetal look.

XVI - The Tower - The tower is a medieval castle, gloomy with mist, gargoyles, cemetary and ghosts. Wow!!! And the lightening can't even take it down.

V Of Wands - This one is creepy, with the shadows lurking around, waiting to fall on you and kill you.

VI Of Wands - I like this card, as the woman appears suddenly, riding her diabolical horse and the lightening hits at the same moment.

Queen Of Wands - The woman here is one of my favorite woman in the deck, entirely dressed in red (she is the only one in the deck with that color) with the wolf on her side. I love wolves. She is one with the wolf.

V Of Cups - The necromancer, who talks to the dead. He misses the people he loved so much that now he only talks with the dead. How sad!

VI Of Cups - I love this card, a spirit is quietly reading a book sitting on a vault. This is a happy moment in this dark world.

X Of Cups - Well, I admit that the sadistic parts in me awaken when I see this card, same as with The Lovers. And no, I'm not sharing...

Knight Of Cups - One of the rare bloody cards in the deck, all elegant. The Knight has a lot of presence.

V Of Swords - Bloody, wicked, I like it.

IX Of Swords - I like this one too, with that poor gargoyle who has a monster on her shoulder, and that one is slowly pusing her off the edges.

Knght Of Swords - I'm a Knight Of Swords, so I indentify a lot with this card. Like Death, it has to be good. And I do like this card too, this knight is not cocky and showing off like the Knight Of Wands. He's humble, honorable, a bit sad and tired. And he's dressed in red (red is my favorite color).

V Of Pentacles - Again... Nosferatu. And in this card, he's even scarier, hunting... I shiver...

VII Of Pentacles - A manor this time, a haunted manor, with a dark valet, gargoyle and mist. I can hear a wolf howling.

Knight Of Pentacles - Most of the characters have dark hair in the deck, this knight is blond. There are three wolves with him, and they are taking a walk in the forest. I love wolves, and there are three on this card. The vampire here reminds me of Lestat.

WolfSpirit

I didn't know we were allowed to name half the cards in the deck here ;)

No seriously, I could have made my list much longer just tried to limit myself.

Alissa

Darla

I tried to limit my choices (which wasn't easy) so now here are my absolute favourites:

The Devil - This is the coolest devil I have ever seen in a deck. He's spooky in a funny way but still you get the message. And I love this green! It's an interesting contrast to the blue of most cards.

The Moon - I just love this card! There's a sexy atmosphere, seduction and playfulness between two opposites (light and dark). She knows that he belongs to the dark site but doesn't care.

The Sun - The same style as in The Moon.

6 of Cups - This seems to be a favourite among this study group. :) It's a peaceful scene and I like Vargo's take on the traditional illustration.

Knave of Swords - Everything about this card is cool. :cool: The way the gargoyle sits, ready to jump down, in front of the full moon. The colours are extremely dark and the contrast of the moon makes this card spooky and special.

10 of Pentacles - I prefer this ccard to The Lovers. It seems a bit darker and sexier to me. })

King of Pentacles - My favourite. He is cool, lonely and inviting.

mercenary30

Favorites Classifications

My favorite card: Ten of Cups - I just love the feeling and way this card is depicted.

My favorite artwork: The Fool - The colors and symbolism here are great, the feel to me is very 'Gothic'.

Card that make me go mmm mmm mmmmmmmmmm: Eight of Cups and Eight of Swords.

annik

the chariot -- it's makes me think of when Harker goes to see Dracula, in the novel.

death -- a bit ambiguous on some points but how evocative!

The star -- an aerial feeling about it. And the star itself bring back something a bit personnal in my mind.

the moon -- nice little snapshot.

the sun -- pretty dramatic and sad feeling

X of cups -- I like the lover too but this bring a balance to the lover card.

King of swords -- In this deck I like the king of swords best. He is mysterious. I like the Knight of swords too. But the knight of swords lack something that I haven't yet pinpointed yet.

The Knave of swords is a good looking card and it have a mysterious and powerful feeling. And it makes me think of Wolverine , in the X-Men...

King of Pentacles -- he look so great and powerful!

Knight of Pentacles -- I like to composition of the card...

X of pentacles -- I think it is a good ending card for this deck...

CanisFireBrand

Alissa said:
Temperance -- Red and passionate woman is concocting a spell. Power surrounds her. She looks great.

Agreed, this is such an awesome card.

My other favorite is The Magician

Stonehenge or Stonehenge like setting, the makings of a powerful spell in progress. Beautiful card.

Alissa

Welcome to the forums, CanisFireBrand! :)