Your new place for all things Thoth

foolMoon

That's why I'm mainly looking for sites like heruraha. I don't have great interest in the general tarot stuff, like discussing the latest released decks, but I'm more interested in learning from people who know about qabalah, alchemy, thelema etc. and how all that relates to Thoth.

The more a divination system gets linked coherently to other systems in both esoteric and profane world, it becomes more powerful and richer, it seems. The critical discussions we have about the topics should be mainly the process of checking and linking the system with other systems for their coherence.

foolMoon

That's why I'm mainly looking for sites like heruraha. I don't have great interest in the general tarot stuff, like discussing the latest released decks, but I'm more interested in learning from people who know about qabalah, alchemy, thelema etc. and how all that relates to Thoth.

The Zohar tells us that we must keep asking questions incessantly on all these topics for clarification, because they are hidden knowledge in origin, obscure, and often riddled with false claims, meaningless rambles and dogma.

thorhammer

I was going to suggest The Fool Speaks forum which I joined many years ago as a side interest in demonology, Thelema and magick, but I popped over to check it's still extant and...I don't think it is. It's weird. I can't tell if the issues I'm seeing are just because I'm on an iPad or if it's deserted.

Zephyros

Yes, it's strange how many forums there are the deal with Thelema, but the Thoth is treated as an afterthought, or not at all.

Aeon418

Yes, it's strange how many forums there are the deal with Thelema, but the Thoth is treated as an afterthought, or not at all.
Or forums that deal with the Thoth but only go as far as endless 'love spreads' and facile interpretations based on the RWS.

There's a fair degree of leeway in the Thoth forum that has been built up over many years. On the surface a lot of the content might not initially appear to be related to the Thoth deck, but that's because the Thoth is so deep. But I doubt that kind of 'elbow room' can be found on another forum.

Anyone who has been around for over a decade will remember the days when Thoth threads here were routinely derailed with misinformation, anti-Crowley bias, and a general resistance to a deeper examination of the Thoth. Does anyone want to roll the clock back? :rolleyes:

Zephyros

Anyone who has been around for over a decade will remember the days when Thoth threads here were routinely derailed with misinformation, anti-Crowley bias, and a general resistance to a deeper examination of the Thoth. Does anyone want to roll the clock back? :rolleyes:

My predecessor was the one who really revamped the forum, chasing away those same people who would derail threads with anti-Crowley bias. By the time I came along, the leeway that you're talking about was already a given, and there wasn't much left for me to do but keep the status quo. Are there any forums that you could recommend?

And for the record, thank you. You've been among my greatest teachers, and I'll miss your posts a lot. :)

velvetina

There's a Thoth discussion over at the Cartomancy Forum that I joined in with, that looks promising!

I was having little flashbacks however to the Arrien-Ziegler v. Crowley Debate we all had so much fun with a few years ago! *hollow laugh*

Aeon418

Are there any forums that you could recommend?
I really wish I could make some recommendations. At one time I used to be quite active on a number of forums. Between 2000 to 2005 I divided my time between a variety of Occult/New Age forums. But as time went by I either stopped posting, or the forums died off. This place was the one exception. Due to Similia/Grigori :livelong: the Thoth forum started to metamorphose into something bigger and better, and over time I ended up posting here exclusively.

For the last few days I've been searching around for a new forum that might be reasonably "accommodating" to the Thoth-ers on here, but so far I've come up empty.

The New Age/Tarot forums I've looked at seem a little too narrow in their focus. The wider scope of Thoth related discussion we enjoy here might not go down too well. A full scale decamp to such a forum might seem like a bunch of bikers gatecrashing a prom night. :bugeyed:

The other option of occult/esoteric themed forums is a different kettle of fish. While the Thelema/Crowley stuff would go unnoticed, tying it all back to the Thoth Tarot might be a problem. On top of that, such forums seem to have an uncanny knack of attracting a certain kind of darker-than-thou teenage male, with a few screws loose, and a chip on the shoulder. :rolleyes:

I've seen Eshelman's forum mentioned here, but it's not really a general forum. It's more an 'outer court' or portal for the College/Temple of Thelema, and is moderated accordingly.

One of the most promising suggestions I've seen so far is setting up a basic forum board and carrying on as usual. However I'm not particularly tech savvy and don't quite understand how such forum can be free. I'm assuming there will be adverts all over the place and the registered users email addresses will be sold on to third parties?
http://www.freeforums.org/

And for the record, thank you. You've been among my greatest teachers, and I'll miss your posts a lot. :)
Thank you for being the final Mod of the Thoth sub forum. Being a Mod is often a thankless task, and requires a degree of "professional detachment" and impartiality that is sometimes difficult to maintain.