Decks You Wish You Hadn't Bought?

Annabelle

I deeply regret the Dark Carnival . . . just not my style, and I deeply dislike what it represents. I kind of ordered it as a spur-of-the-moment thing, and realized about 10 minutes later that I'd likely made a mistake.

I also regret buying the Stolen Child tarot majors. It's pretty . . . but kind of creepy, and also doesn't remotely come close to looking like tarot cards, in my opinion. It wasn't until I got the deck (earlier this week) that it hit me . . . "this isn't tarot . . . I don't know what it is, but it isn't tarot" -- at least to my eyes.

Le Fanu

Yes, the Camelot. I've tried a few times to make head or tail of it but find that I cannot. I don't regret buying anything really and they end up as dusty pretty things to dig out on a rainy day and try again with. But the fact is, I don't know what to do with this deck despite reading the instructions.

cmw24

The Tarot of Vampyres. I bought it over a month ago at a Books A Million that was going out of business. I wanted a new deck, and they didn't have alot to choose from, so I picked it out on a whim. I like the imagery, but I just don't connect to it.

BSwett

Yellow box RWS.

The shingles allergy attach that some of the characters is sad and distracting. Such a shame. I think I'm gonna have to spring for the Centennial PCS version….

Is it better?

Miss Divine

Yellow box RWS.

The shingles allergy attach that some of the characters is sad and distracting. Such a shame. I think I'm gonna have to spring for the Centennial PCS version….

Is it better?

YES! The Centennial PCS is sooo much better. I LOATHE the yellow box RWS, you just cannot compare the two.

Aeric

I bought the Tarot of the Angels by Lo Scarabeo and the Stained Glass Tarot together.

After a few weeks with them, I'm regretting buying the Angels. Its appeal seemed to fade extremely quickly as I went on, and I can't quite pinpoint what it is. The artwork is impressive but some part of it still feels alien and strange to me. Maybe I need to stick with it more to adjust.

Conversely, the appeal of the Stained Glass deck, which also has angels in lots of places, has grown immensely and I've come to love it.

I think I've come to dislike Lo Scarabeo decks that place the images in heavy coloured borders with the titles printed in different languages. Ironically my favourite deck of all, Gay Tarot, is LS and has the same layout. But the Gay deck is extremely mundane and urban in theme, so the printing in worldly languages doesn't feel off. With a deck like the Angels, that seems to dilute the ethereal or spiritual quality of the deck.

morganesky

Original Rider Waite, too brown and no idea what's up with the card stock, but it is like chalk and you want to wash your hands straight afterwards.

Might buy the Universal, or not, meh

vee

Tarot of Princesses. Yeuch. Glad it was only three dollars. Big ugly borders, dead imagery.

Darkana. Bad buying experience, disappointing deck.