Touchstone Tarot by Kat Black

minrice

Thank you for posting that Alta! I have a bad habit of posting and then not checking back soon, lol. We need to get a new card started in that thread. Only a few decks left?! That's crazy...

Shade

I finally got to see this deck up close and personal and I love it, I will start practicing my *GASP * "The Happy Squirrel" *clutches heart*

retrokat

Shade said:
I finally got to see this deck up close and personal and I love it, I will start practicing my *GASP * "The Happy Squirrel" *clutches heart*

ROFL! Followed by the deadpan *shrug* "The cards are vague and mysterious"

Promise

The more time I spend with this deck, the more connected I feel to it. To me, the reasoning behind this is quite simple yet profound at the same time. As individual humans, we each interpret facial expressions and body language differently; for example, what I interpret as a sad face may be seen by someone else to convey stress or being overwhelmed. With the Touchstone being so heavily influenced by the facial expressions in each portrait, this opens the door for such diverse and personal interpretation and for me, that adds so much depth and beauty to an already amazing deck.

I'm not sure whether I'll be ordering the Kunati edition of the Touchstone just because I'm so bonded with my LE deck. I'll most likely get it just for the companion book and then gift the deck to a friend of mine who is an art history major and loves getting lost in my Touchstone deck.

I'll be singing praises about this deck for a very long time. The Touchstone has become my go-to deck whenever someone asks me for a reading. You don't even have to be familiar with Tarot symbolism in order to get something meaningful out of this deck, which is a beautiful thing.

minrice

Very cool la-luna, thanks for posting that!
I've been using the Touchstone in my court card studies, since that's where I'm weak as a reader. And this deck has been so great to use because you can actually imagine these courts as real people with real relationships. They aren't flat images like most other decks!

Richard Pickman

retrokat said:
...the mass-market won't be available for at least a year.

So I guess the Amazon.com date of May 2009 is inaccurate?