The Faeries' Oracle (Froud) - Least Favorite Card

Jimilyn

Kirali,

I hadn't noticed G. Hobyah's crossed eyes before! You are right. I noticed the green, but just not the little black dots before.

His stance makes me uncomfortable, too...with his legs apart and knees bent he looks ready to attack. The way he's doing his arms and hands makes me think...ohhh...sort of reminds me of the Wicked Witch of the West in the Wizard of Oz. And his nostrils are flaring. Yipes! Eyes glowing with some sort of intention. Shudder!

I keep thinking that I woudn't want to meet up with him in the dark. I can almost feel my heart start to race. Fear begins to mount.

Jimilyn

emily2otters

i'm trying not to look at everyone else's responses... eek! temptation!

my least favorite card is the Glanconer. he looks vicious and deceitful to me.

atmosphere: intense focus -- the eye is drawn to his mouth, which is in a tight, false smile that doesn't reach his eyes. it's hard to look anywhere else. i feel myself repelled by the smile but having to really fight myself to look away... as if entralled! that feeling gives me the major creeps.

symbols: there's a fuzzy face looking out from the G's third-eye spot, and the suggestion of a hand grasping the bridge of his nose. that combined with the way his body seems to flow and dissipate into the air around him suggests that he is actually a glamour -- an illusion, used (by whomever the peeking face is) as a disguise. unfortunately, i think that fuzzy face, who i think of as the real faerie in this card, looks so much friendlier, and i would rather meet _him_ down a dark alley... certain aspects of G's chest and his way of standing remind me of an ex-lover who thought he was terribly sexy. and the bulge at the bottom edge of the card where G's genitals are just out of sight: *gag* would the Real Faerie repulse me in this way? both G and my ex are liars who would do better to tell the truth!

what makes me most uncomfortable is that smile.

anything appealing about this card? i guess i kind of like the shape of the mask around his eyes. the colors are okay. i dread seeing this card in readings.

emily2otters

Temperance413 said:
My least favorite card is the Lady of the Harvest

She just makes me feel leered at. The other fearies in the card are all sneering and kind of mean. The one off to the right is very sad and the only thing I see is complete unhappiness in this card.
The Lady herself looks to me like she has been wronged in some way kinda drugged by unhappiness.

i definitely can see where you're coming from. when my boyfriend first saw the faeries, he was flipping through saying "wow! neat!" until he got to this one and said "oh, lady of the harvest! nice breasts!" and lingered and looked and came back to her later... amazing to see my loved one leering just as intensely as the faeries in the background of the card...

i think this card says a lot about how we relate to abundance. notice the ones who are leering are green and dry and skinny... those purple dancers that obscure the lady's nipples are also pretty malnourished... there are three lush female figures: the lady herself, the smiling one in the upper left, and the faery in the corset to the right. one is happy, one is satiated (that's how i read the lady's heavy lidded eyes), and one is dreamy and detached, but none are giving that awful leer. i think when we see fullness outside of us, we are consumed by a drive to possess. those greenies (and my greenie boyfriend) think that by looking and smiling in that knowing way, they can somehow be in possession of the lady's wonderful curve. they possess it in their minds, anyway.

also: i think froud put the purple dancers in because if we could see the lady's nipples, we wouldn't look at anything else in the card at all. it makes me uncomfortable to know that about myself.

Helruna

The Soul Shrinker

Here comes my next posting, my least favourite card

The Soul Shrinker

1) frightening, scaring, threatening, aggressive, malicious

2) drastical changes in (spiritual) life, soul-testing, crisis, threatening situations

3) complex, confusing

4) testing, confrontational, scaring

5) teeth & open mouth, eye

6) light shade around eye

7) nope

Little Baron

Least Favourite

Luathas the Wild *57

The atmosphere in this card, for me, is harsh. There is a lot of movement. Luathas' wings are prickly looking and torn. His 'greeness' isn't pale, calming and inviting, like that of Ffaff, but unnerving. He is almost ugly (why do I feel babd saying that?) and he has a mischievous and rebellious edge to him; a savage exprerssion.

Physical manifestation - being stepped on, anxiety, being taken advantage of, being walked over, fears, bad dreams. When thinking about it in this way, is the subject of this card really the squashed guy under Luathas' feet and hands? The poor guy that can hardly move. Does this card suggest a situation where we feel trapped or are we feeling insignificant due to the actions of somebody else's power? Is the squashed guy being taken for granted?

This card is multi-dimentional because the focus can be shifted onto either of the two characters. This may sound stupid, but when the card is reversed, Luathas (if Luathas is the winged creature of the two) is no longer stepping over the 'squashed guy' but is holding and is being held on.

The most uncomfortable aspect of this card is Luathas' expression.

I feel sympathy for the 'trob upon' faerie. He's got that 'I have put up with it for years so I am kind of used to it' look on his face.

This card could be advising the querant (in terms of the squashed guy) to rethink their possition in a relationship, friendship, partnership of some kind. It could be telling them to take control and be more assertive.

Hope this makes sense

Yaboot

Jewel

I am curious ... there were many here who disliked the Soul Shrinker the most. Do you still feel the same way about him?

My issues with the Dark Lady remain but at a lesser level. I guess we are coming to terms with each other at last *LOL*.

Sorceress_Jade

Yaboot, that was wonderful. I'm gonna have to read it again just to be sure I got everything out of it. You have great insight and observation.

mooncat2

Yaboot, great interpretation - I've never drawn this card but he looks like he'd walk all over anyone who stood in his way. The poor little squashed guy has the most resigned expression as though he's saying " He we go again"

Jewel - My feelings towards the Soul Shrinker changed from the minute I read the book interpretation - now I suffer torments of guilt every time I see him and want to give him big hugs and say sorry - he's scary no more.

Isn't great to have so many new ones joining the group - have to think of something exciting to do?

Love

Jewel

mooncat2 said:
Jewel - My feelings towards the Soul Shrinker changed from the minute I read the book interpretation - now I suffer torments of guilt every time I see him and want to give him big hugs and say sorry - he's scary no more.

Isn't great to have so many new ones joining the group - have to think of something exciting to do?

I believe the Soul Shrinker is actually becoming my favorite card *LOL*. I think he makes a better person out of me, because like you I do not want to do anything to hurt him thus I am more conscious of my actions towards others. Everyone benefits thanks to him!. I get him quite a lot in daily readings so we have become good friends. He is a great mentor!

I agree, it is fabulous having new members for this study group. The ideas and insights keep growing and flourishing. As for something exciting to do ~giggles~ I cannot wait to do the pairing exercise that Yaboot did. I think that we will learn alot by the different pairings we come up with. I hope I get 5 whole new pairings (no repeats of Yaboots cards). I feel envigorated by the energy here :) ... I think the faeries are laughing, singing and dancing ;)

Rhiannon

I totally agree about the Soul Shrinker, guys! While he wasn't my least favorite card... I try very hard not to do him any more damage. I've even introduced him to my 8 year old daughter (who is still young enough to be fascinated by the faeries without becoming a teenager and thinking they're not real anymore ;) ) She's at that age where you make fun of other people to fit in. I think getting to know Soul Shrinker will help to curb those tendencies for her.

R :)