Weird 'pick a partner' reading

jade

i did this, this afternoon while sitting in the sun.

i pulled three cards and then three more sisters.

i was totally amazed at what i saw. it seemed that each card and it's opposite came out.

i didn't keep notes but i was put into a deep thought process by the entire event.

thanks for this,
jade

Jewel

Sorry it took so long, but I have been away from the computer. Anyways here are my results:

1. Ekstasis (2) & The Friends (46): I ended up connecting this back to Yaboots original pairing of The Friends (46) & A Collective of Pixies (48). Putting the cards side by side I see the Collective to learning to be good Friends and feeling Ekstasis at this connection. If you look at the tail and antenae of the cute little Faery in the Friends card you see the emergence of the light of the singers. The wings on the singer of Ekstasis remind me of the wings of the pixie friend. I just see the 3 cards as a natural evolution of them. This deck is just way to cool!

2. Unity (1) and Nelys the Alchemist (27): If you put Unity above Nelys it looks as though it emerges from her head. Her alchemy of transforiming (alchemically) actions to thoughts ... a bringing together for the greater good. She could actually be transforming herself into Unity. The glow about her could suggest that. I find a purity and lesson of self in this combination.

3. Himself (17) & The Faery Who was Kissed by the Pixies (21): this was kind of an odd combo for me at first. Then I started seeing the way Himself leans forward in the card and the bear looking creature in the Faery Who was Kissed card and started wondering if Himself may not be projecting himself as the bear to watch over the beautiful Faery. If you notice the bear has horns not alike but similar to Himself's.

4. The Topsi Turvets (51) & Taitin the Sylph (45): all I could think of is that Taitin is hovering in flight above them watching them. She is air they are earth ... She is alone, they are in group. These cards just seemed very opposite. Hard pairing to understand.

5. O! that Gnome (26) & The Raar (52): Is the Gnome sqatting on the Raar before sending aflight to do mischief? this is the sense I get! These two cards together to mean simply mean mischief! they scream it to me loud and clear!

Guess my next step is to go to the book and read up a bit on the pairings I selected, particularly the ones that confused me a bit. I look forward to our continued discussion. Again Yaboot, thanks so much! I think I will continue working on this exercise, I am really learning a lot from it!

Wisp Wings

I love this Yaboot! I can't wait to try this out too. This is so very interesting.

I really learnt from your and the responses gave in this about the pairing of Soul Shrinker and Ta'Om. Soul Shrinker was the card that was my least favorite from the beginning exercises. Ta'Om however, how do I say this -- I find him interesting, happy, strange and mysterious. I know he has depth beneath his play. In "Good Faeries, Bad Faeries" his title with his picture has him as "Pan". Another point of interest, in "The Faeries' Oracles" Jesa's son spoke of him wearing a mask and running ahead of us. I find it interesting to think of him wearing a mask and this face we see is the mask he's chose, whereas with the Soul Shrinker, his full essence is about a constant changing face. His changes by the degrees of bad deeds and words that he holds from our doings/or the lack of them.

I will get back to this thread after I have the time to do this spread. I am going to work with six parding six calling your concept "Making of an Even Dozen".