Do you HAVE to do reversals with this deck?

pickled pixie

Hello :)

I am getting much better at reading with this deck but as soon as I see a faerie upside down I just lose my flow, I find it so tricky doing reversals with this particular deck, do you think it would be ok to just read them upright or do they NEED to be read both ways :confused:

Blessings pp xxxx

Alissa

I never have and never will - but do for almost every other deck. ;)

pickled pixie

aaahhhhh thank you alissa!!!! I'm gonna forget reversals from now on with this deck :D

pp xxx

aranarose

I've only just recently begun using reversals in this deck, and I've had it for years.

Alta

I find that I absolutely cannot use reversals with this deck, so, I don't. ;)

magpie9

pickled pixie said:
Hello :)

I am getting much better at reading with this deck but as soon as I see a faerie upside down I just lose my flow, I find it so tricky doing reversals with this particular deck, do you think it would be ok to just read them upright or do they NEED to be read both ways :confused:

Blessings pp xxxx
You don't everhave to do reversals with anydeck. If a card comes up reversed and you want to respond to that, try take a second, deeper look at it and see what more it could mean in context. Once you mke a firm decision about reading (or Not) reversals, you will find that your deck will adapt to your decision.

pickled pixie

Thank you all so much for the replies :D
The thing that worries me though is most of the upright meanings are positive so if you only read upright are you not missing alot of the negative and blocked meanings....are you getting the same quality and amount of info as reading reversals.

Not sure if that made sense but I know what I mean't ;)

pp xxx

Kahlie

pickled pixie said:
Thank you all so much for the replies :D
The thing that worries me though is most of the upright meanings are positive so if you only read upright are you not missing alot of the negative and blocked meanings....are you getting the same quality and amount of info as reading reversals.

Not sure if that made sense but I know what I mean't ;)

pp xxx

The Question is:

"Why don't you read reversals?"

You said it takes you out of your flow, out of your concentration and makes it hard for you to Read. As such, it's impacting your Reading in a negative way. You can try exercises to see if you can stay in the Flow even with reversed Cards... maybe it's a point of getting used to it. One thing I always do is note down the reversed Cards and then look at then upside down and right side up. I'm used to picking up cards and showing them to my client ;)

As for losing 'information'... it depends on how you do your Readings with the Fae. I read very intuitively (and with reversals) so even an upright Fae can have a warning message, and a reversed one a message of hope for the future... However, if you use mostly book meanings, and you don't have feelings that say: "this card is blocked/reversed/less impact" or whatever, then yes, you will be losing out on information.

So you have to decide yourself which way you lose more information. It all depends on you personally.

Kahlie

Alta

pickled pixie said:
That is not my experience!!! There are some deeply worrisome cards upright that act as 'blocks' or 'challenges'.

Sheri

The only deck I use reversals for is the Russian Gypsy Fortunetelling Cards - and it is part of their design (actually its a 4-way positional versus just 2-way).

I never use reversals otherwise, and I have gotten some pretty nasty readings despite the fact the cards are all upright. So I would say that you don't have to use reversals if you don't want to, and you won't miss out on anything if you decide not to use reversals.

valeria