"Medieval Chihuahua Tarot" ...completed...

Debra

Good luck, have fun!

Well, Lyn, you could hold off on the titles for now. You might want to experiment with fonts, too. You could focus on the artwork first and then fine-tune the design elements at the end--as long as you know the proportions for the image inside the frame, that is ;)

Restricting the clothing to one specific period might bring a lot of challenges. The question is, would that be worth the extra research and trouble, versus just using costumes you like from various earlier periods?

I think I mentioned when you were working on Gladys's deck, I'm not a big fan of realistic animals in human clothing. So I'm afraid I won't be much help to you here. I'm going to show the Emperor in progress to my brother; they've got a dog who dresses to the nines :laugh: I do hope you enjoy your journey with the lil' pups!

tarotlyn

You're right :heart: Debra, so I won't restrict myself to a specific period for backgrounds and/or costumes.

Yep, we all have our tarot likes and dislikes...:laugh:...I have mine as well. I actually said one time
in a post on AT that I didn't really like animal tarot decks that much...Ha Ha...here I am on my 2nd one! :laugh:

As far as the fonts and title stuff goes, I will just play around with those till I find something that clicks.
I have to experiment more for sure.

I hope your brother gets a kick out of the Emperor... I would love to see his dog all dressed up like that!
I dress my dogs too, but mainly because it gets cold for them (with their short hair) in Northern CA during the winters.
You can print the Emperor card out if you want to and give him the printout.

Thanks again for your help, Debra, I really do appreciate it. :heart:
So even though you are not keen on decks with animals in realistic settings,
I hope you will continue to pop in here and share some of your welcomed wisdom :heart:
:heart: HUGS
Lyn

Debra

My brother is thrilled to think his little chi-mutt might be on a tarot card. Meet Pinto.

He's also in N. California and shivers like a leaf if he's not properly dressed. I crocheted him a bunch of sweaters at the same time I made that scarf for you Lyn. I'm pretty sure the sweaters are toast by now, though--that dog is hard on his clothes :laugh:

Attachments

• Pinto UOR.jpg
    Pinto UOR.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 192
  • Pinto Face.jpg
    Pinto Face.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 193

Quester

:bugeyed: The Devil Card is a great start on your new deck!! He really plays the part well! Looks like another gotta have Lynn!! :heart:

MoonGypsy

Well, Lynnie, as you know i am more of a cat person; and i have never had a Chi...but this deck looks like one that i will love to have! i just love the cards i have seen so far...

i just hope they get along with all of my cat decks! :laugh:

But i agree with our dear Chronata, i think this deck will be a great compliment to my BBC decks.

And the Devil Dog caused me to laugh so hard i got coffee up my nose! :laugh:

Anyway, Lyn, you know i am also in your corner rooting for you!!!!!!!:*

Hugs and Blessings,
MGxxx

Bhavana

My brother is thrilled to think his little chi-mutt might be on a tarot card. Meet Pinto.

He's also in N. California and shivers like a leaf if he's not properly dressed. I crocheted him a bunch of sweaters at the same time I made that scarf for you Lyn. I'm pretty sure the sweaters are toast by now, though--that dog is hard on his clothes :laugh:

Awe, what a cutie! You can see he has some personality!!

My dogs shiver a lot too - even when they are not cold. I think it has something to do with their metabolism....but it gets a lot worse when they are cold and nervous! Sweaters are a huge issue. They need them to go outdoors, especially at this time of year - but when my dogs see me coming with their sweaters, you would think I was going to kill them by the way they react. Once the sweaters are on, all is ok - it's getting them on that is the hard part!

Lyn, I got your message -
Please do not feel pressured into using the photos if they don't work out - while it would be fun to see them in the deck, it is your project and you have to make the decisions about what will work and what won't...I just wanted to offer the pics to be helpful, not so much to get my babies in the spotlight!! Of course, if the deck is ever printed, and becomes a huge seller, Pep and Oobi's attorneys will be contacting your attorneys to work out the royalties payments. (I have no say in the matter, to them, i am just the lowly provider of food, backrubs, and shelter.... :) )

tarotlyn

:heart: OMG!!! Debra! Pinto is so cute...I just love his face! What a doll :thumbsup:
He also will have a staring role in the deck! :)

About that scarf...I love it so much and since I have been doing a daily walk, it is the one
I wear constantly and it matches one of my long sweaters I like so much. Thank you again
for that scarf...you really did a wonderful job of crocheting it and I get so many compliments on it all the time :heart:
I bet the sweaters you crocheted for Pinto are really nice as well :)

Thank you so much for the images...I will do Pinto proud!

:bugeyed: The Devil Card is a great start on your new deck!! He really plays the part well! Looks like another gotta have Lynn!! :heart:

:heart: LOL, Quester...that devil makes me laugh, really! I still need to add a better wine bottle...LOL
...maybe I can get to that today. Right now I am working on the frame changes.
I will add you to my deck list :heart:

Well, Lynnie, as you know i am more of a cat person; and i have never had a Chi...but this deck looks like one that i will love to have! i just love the cards i have seen so far...
i just hope they get along with all of my cat decks! :laugh:
But i agree with our dear Chronata, i think this deck will be a great compliment to my BBC decks.
And the Devil Dog caused me to laugh so hard i got coffee up my nose! :laugh:
Anyway, Lyn, you know i am also in your corner rooting for you!!!!!!!:*
Hugs and Blessings,
MGxxx
:heart: Sis I think this deck will be harder than my last tarot deck because almost all the
poses are standing up...I have to see if I can slice, dice, and repose them...LOL
...plus the paws need to be added, etc. But I think it will work out, but may take a little longer
than my last deck. I am not one to give up easily! :bugeyed: So you know I am so glad you are here
and checking in on my progress! :):thumbsup:

Awe, what a cutie! You can see he has some personality!!

My dogs shiver a lot too - even when they are not cold. I think it has something to do with their metabolism....but it gets a lot worse when they are cold and nervous! Sweaters are a huge issue. They need them to go outdoors, especially at this time of year - but when my dogs see me coming with their sweaters, you would think I was going to kill them by the way they react. Once the sweaters are on, all is ok - it's getting them on that is the hard part!
:heart: Bhavana, I got your images via email and your 2nd Chi is abosultely beautiful, I love the images!
Oh, regarding a dog EASY ON EASY OFF warm coat I use on my Chi's. Check these out for your dogs here:
http://www.carolwrightgifts.com/Hou...rling-Coats/30522.cfm?clickSource=JUMP_SEARCH
I used to have problems with Taco and his sweaters until I got one of these for him. They are
the easiest thing to put on QUICKLY before they know what happened...just a velcro around
the neck and a velcro under the stomach. When they come back in, I just grab the velcro
attrachment and zip...and it is off...

These are the best things I have ever bought for my Chi's. I have washed them in the washer
and they still look like new and didn't shrink very much at all. I was very surprised. The price is super
and these are great quality. Just make sure you get the under the stomach velcro attachment
in the right position so the boys don't wee wee on it.

One time I actually velcroed his little boo boo up inside the coat...YIKES...LOL...so just make sure it is out! Ha ha
Oh and I found that by tightening the velcro around the neck keeps the coat from slipping
down lower towards the boy boo boo. Ha ha...

@:heart:everyone
So Bhavana has 2 Chi's, Debra has 1, and I have 3...so far that's 6 starring roles in this deck!
This is getting really exciting now (for me)...to be able to use these 6 images and I will do
the best I can to give them the 'right' staring roles! :)

If any of you have friends with Chihuahuas, I will gladly find them a spot in this deck :)

...well I have to quit playing around and get started finishing up those 4 card first...

tarotlyn

tarotlyn

OMG!!! You are NOT going to believe the 'devil' face image I just found...OMG!!!

Should I change the devil to this one? ... or use it for his 'main face' or for the 'mini me devil face?'

YIKES!!!! ...there must have been a diabetic in the house because this is a real photo in the pub domain!! :bugeyed:

Upon researching this public domain photo, I found the following information on the photographer that took this image:

He uses this image as his 'universal Avatar'...
He was Born on September 29, 1983 (age 28)
Hamilton, Ontario, Canada

Here is what he put down as his occupation:
Musician, Cosmonaut, Gynecologist, Ninja, Writer, Comedian, Director, Game Designer,
Neurosurgeon, Photographer, Graphic Designer, Jackie Chan, Assassin, Athlete, Podiatrist,
Musician, Professor, Wrestler, Entrepreneur

...what do you all think? Should I use this image?

Attachments

• possible.devil.replacement.070604dog11086639071.jpg
    possible.devil.replacement.070604dog11086639071.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 196

tarotlyn

well, I guess that new devil face didn't go over very well...LOL...it is pretty awful!!!

anyway, here is the Queen of Cups...I am still playing with the frame...but I think this is the frame I will use.

...It is almost 3am...I was collecting more public domain images...you never have enough images! :laugh:

See you guys later on...when I get up!

ETA: ooops...I forgot to give her a crown! LOL...see what happens at 3am when I should be sleeping :bugeyed: Ha Ha
...she will have to wait till tomorrow when I get up! :laugh: Plus she may need some more tweaking.

tarotlyn

Attachments

• CUPS.QUEEN.jpg
    CUPS.QUEEN.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 188

MoonGypsy

That new devil dog scared the c**p out of me! :laugh: Gawd! :laugh: What a thing to wake up to!!!!!!!!!! :laugh: Luckily, i hadn't even had my coffee, yet, or it would be up my nose and sprayed out in 20 directions!

"Needle less" to say:p [oi the pun police' sirens are blaring] i like the first one better...although, the 2nd one certainly does fit the bill! })

Hugs and Blessings,
MG xxx

P.S. i love the Queen; she looks so sweet and kind of melancholy. :heart: