Finding news ways to make money from Tarot

Aunty Anthea

Isn't that what you started this thread for, AA ? To ask for more ways to make money from Tarot. And then the people who DO so get your goat. I don't get it.

Sadly you took something out of context :(

I had been writing about the psychic fair I visited on Sunday. I mentioned that all the readers charged set amounts. I also stated that the last time I did the fairs we all offered a variety of services at a variety of prices, ie 1 card tasters, 3 card readings or 10 cards readings, free angle card etc etc etc...

Awakened Queen

It is deeply insulting to ask people to work for free.

It's called indentured servitude :p

I find it strange that people who read tarot would look down upon readers who charge. That's fascinating.

gregory

Sadly you took something out of context :(

I had been writing about the psychic fair I visited on Sunday. I mentioned that all the readers charged set amounts. I also stated that the last time I did the fairs we all offered a variety of services at a variety of prices, ie 1 card tasters, 3 card readings or 10 cards readings, free angle card etc etc etc...
No - the thread title is right up there in context. That was what I couldn't get the point of, given that you asked about ways to make money from Tarot. The people at the fair ARE doing that. Some people shop at Harvey Nicks and some buy George in Asda. Neither group is wrong. We all have a choice of whether or not to pay Harvey Nicks prices or go elsewhere.

The fact that you didn't like what the people at the fair chose to charge, or the fact that they chose to offer only one kind of service at one price, is neither here nor there. You wouldn't have done it that way - but they chose to - and the people attending chose to pay. That isn't wrong of them. Maybe they got together and sorted that out as a way not to undercut each other. Even if they didn't - it was all perfectly legit.