7 Epees (Swords) - how may it be read?

jmd

Apart from the important Hippocratic notes on the number seven ('The number seven, because of its occult virtues, tends to bring all things into being. It is the dispenser of life and the source of all change, for the Moon itself changes its phase every seven days. This number influences all sublime beings'), there is also the even more significant Pythagorean consideration of it containing the sacred triad twice, into which the one, as monad, was inserted - a visual exactness of this is presented by the Marseille 7 Swords.

The spiritual powers behind the number seven call to mind that here, perhaps, it is vital to allow for the action to be guided of its own accord - a little as the Zen archer allows the arrow to fly to its destination, rather than to precisely aim and guide it.

Attached is a Schaffhouse-type seven Swords.

Attachments

• Schaffhouse 7 E.jpg
    Schaffhouse 7 E.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 208

tmgrl2

Lovely Sept d'Epees, jmd!

I will add the Camoin (Left) and Hadar(Right)...

This card signals, change. New ambitions. New levels of spiritual development.

As with Le Chariot, we have the idea of triumph over adversity.

Extremely powerful card. Direct. Ambition now set toward the achievement of higher ideals. Independent self-discovery (Le Chariot again) and the Hope of L'Etoile (XVII)

Reevaluation. Awareness. Growth, not necessary rapid.

One must be open to receive a different view of the world, a changing of ideas previously held.

Seven's are difficult for me...since I think of Lucky 7's, the number of days in a week, 3 (soul elements) + 4 (material elements). A merging of all to be prepared for the next level, open to what will be offered.

Attachments

• Epees.jpg
    Epees.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 205

Moonbow

Seven the number of enlightenment, and I loved your analogy of the Zen archer jmd. One of my favourite Zen viewpoints... to reach enlightenment the archer should 'wait without purpose but in a state of highest tension - aware but relaxed'. The idea being to learn how 'not' to shoot. This is a deep and spiritual number, and there are many posts here giving examples of what the number relates to (colours of the rainbow, musical notes, wonders of the world etc). We should also consider the Major VII Chariot, and how important and successful he 'looks'.

Singlularly this card represents positive thinking, enlightenment, ideas, ambition and studying, perfection.