Tarot Cafe (manga)

cynthia padley

tarot cafe

Hello, went to Amazon.com and found it! Have never bought a manga comic, but have seen it at Waldenbooks. I am reading Terry Goodkind's whole series, and now = all of you have made me want to buy the Tarot Cafe. Pant, pant, crazy!

WolfyJames

Shade said:
Are you excited about the LS Manga Tarot? I know very little about manga but I thikn it looks intriguing and I loved Riccardo's Fey tarot.

http://www.loscarabeo.com/files/LS2006Preview.pdf

I just checked the Manga Tarot, another good concept screwed by Lo Scarabeo. This does not look anime at all. It's the old comic book, cartoonish, unfinished and unprofessionel modern decks they produce. The Fey Tarot does look animeish and it well done (mostly). The China Tarot was already on my wishlist and I see the deck has a new editor, Lo Scarabeo, which I hope will make the deck easier to find now, the deck was previously called The Der-Jen Tarot and was published by some asian company, I don't know the size of the original deck but I prefer big deck, might get the asian editor after all since Lo Scarabeo makes rather small decks. I see the Jane Austen Tarot has been screwed up as well with the cartoonish, comic book, unfinished and unprofessionel look typical of lo Scarabeo's modern decks. I thougth this deck was being published by any publisher other than Lo Scarabeo, I'm highly disapointed Lo Scarabeo is the one who got the contract. :) I doubt I'll get it now. The Samurai Tarot could be interesting but I doubt of ever getting it since I can't stand Lo Scarabeo's modern decks, strangely The Fantasy Tarot is the one that looks the least Lo Scarabeo typical style, the colors are nice, I'm looking forward seeing more screenshots of that one.

Shade

Got a response from TokyoPop today. They said:

Yes, there is a haitus on Tarot Cafe. The creators have not released the next volume to us, but we will be sure to get cracking on the translation once we have it.

Best,

Team TOKYOPOP

Unknownspirit

Shade said:
Got a response from TokyoPop today. They said:

Yes, there is a haitus on Tarot Cafe. The creators have not released the next volume to us, but we will be sure to get cracking on the translation once we have it.

Best,

Team TOKYOPOP

YAY!
I am so happy to hear that!
I wonder why I never got a email back from them, Oh well.
This is great news.

roppo

Okay guys, laugh at me!

I ordered Tarot Cafe vol4 at Amazon Japan and received a copy today. I can't read even one word in it because the edition is in German! I know it's my fault. I should have examined my order more thoroughly.

Now all I can do is get an English copy and learn German through it. And I have to admit that the paper quality of German edition is superior to Tokyopop's. Well, after all, not a bad purchase, I suppose!

Unknownspirit

roppo said:
Okay guys, laugh at me!

I ordered Tarot Cafe vol4 at Amazon Japan and received a copy today. I can't read even one word in it because the edition is in German! I know it's my fault. I should have examined my order more thoroughly.

Now all I can do is get an English copy and learn German through it. And I have to admit that the paper quality of German edition is superior to Tokyopop's. Well, after all, not a bad purchase, I suppose!

I have heard that the paper in English manga is weaker to keep the price down.

Lucifiel

Sorry for reviving this after almost a week, but this is my favourite book and I am glad to hear that Tokyopop will eventually be releasing volume five. I know so many people are freaking out about it and I seem to be in charge of calming them down and assuring them that it will come out. [laughs]

My need for Belus is murdering me slowly.... [dies]

Dejavooo

Volume 5 is finally will be available in the end of may or June! and volume 6 is set to be out in October of 2007. Can't wait to read them, it has been a great while since volume 4 came out ^^

Flavio

Dejavooo said:
Volume 5 is finally will be available in the end of may or June! and volume 6 is set to be out in October of 2007. Can't wait to read them, it has been a great while since volume 4 came out ^^
That's great news! I thought Volume 4 was the last thing we could see from Pamela, her Ffriends, and foes.

Cerulean

Volume 5 ordered for May 28th availability...

...although Borders.com seems to list it as available in certain select stores as of May 27th.

Actually in the San Jose area, the Borders in Milpitas and the San Jose Santana Row was available. Santana Row had about eight of them.

Best regards,

Cerulean