Knight/Cavalier of Swords - Contrasting the Dodal and Conver

jmd

I personally find a comparison to the other Cavaliers to be quite revealing, and in this case, especially the Cavalier of Batons.

But let's look and contrast the Dodal and the Conver before jumping across to additional comparisons!

dodal_EC.jpg
<-- Dodal | Conver -->
conver_EC_Kenji.jpg

Each horse is clearly rearing, and the rider is also, clearly, a warrior, with drawn sword and armored protection on his visible knee, forearm and head.

Each horse is also shoed, with nail points showing on both versions.

To my eyes, what appears distinct is that whereas the Dodal horse appears to also be armoured - especially by the apparent separation into two plates at front; the Conver could be more covered with cloth. Likewise the rider's visible shoe, which in the Dodal has a more 'metallic' quality to its shape (though of course perhaps simply by poor rendition).

The reins on the Dodal are thicker, and the hand holding the sword appears to be gloved on the Dodal, but perhaps not so on the Conver.

The overall sense for the Dodal is of a heavier overall horse than depicted on the Conver.

What I would have expected on at least the Dodal is a plume upon the top of his helmet... but that is omitted from both versions, and will need to bring in other decks to discuss this aspect - that I shall leave for later.